Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
1Activity
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Metro Survey

Metro Survey

Ratings: (0)|Views: 2|Likes:
Published by chris_moran

More info:

Published by: chris_moran on Jul 26, 2012
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOCX, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less

08/25/2014

pdf

text

original

 
 
Toplines, July 21
23, 2012 BASELICE & ASSOCIATES, INC. Page 1Harris Metro Survey #12843
Base
Positive / StrongPositive / SomewhatTOTAL POSITIVE
501
75168242
501
15%33%48%
Q1 - METRO, the Metropolitan Transit Authority of 
Negative / Somewhat 57 11%
Harris County image
Negative / Strong 68 14%TOTAL NEGATIVE 126 25%No opinion 89 18%Never heard of 44 9%POSITIVE - NEGATIVE 117 23%
Base 501 501
Positive / Strong 142 28%Positive / Somewhat 115 23%TOTAL POSITIVE 258 51%Negative / Somewhat 51 10%
Q2 - Annise Parker image
Negative / Strong 87 17%TOTAL NEGATIVE 138 28%No opinion 65 13%Never heard of 40 8%POSITIVE - NEGATIVE 119 24%
Base 501 501
Positive / Strong 22 4%Positive / Somewhat 52 10%TOTAL POSITIVE 74 15%Negative / Somewhat 22 4%
Q3 - Metro Board Chairman Gilbert Garcia image
Negative / Strong 40 8%TOTAL NEGATIVE 62 12%No opinion 106 21%Never heard of 259 52%POSITIVE - NEGATIVE 12 2%
Base 501 501
Positive / Strong 48 10%Positive / Somewhat 54 11%TOTAL POSITIVE 102 20%Negative / Somewhat 37 7%
Q4 - Metro C.E.O. George Greanias image
Negative / Strong 65 13%TOTAL NEGATIVE 102 20%No opinion 76 15%Never heard of 221 44%POSITIVE - NEGATIVE * *
Base 501 501
Positive / Strong 55 11%Positive / Somewhat 185 37%TOTAL POSITIVE 240 48%Negative / Somewhat 83 17%
Q5 - The Houston City Council image
Negative / Strong 42 8%TOTAL NEGATIVE 125 25%No opinion 116 23%Never heard of 21 4%POSITIVE - NEGATIVE 115 23%
 
 
Toplines, July 21
23, 2012 BASELICE & ASSOCIATES, INC. Page 2Harris Metro Survey #12843
Base
Positive / StrongPositive / SomewhatTOTAL POSITIVENegative / Somewhat
501
57149
501
11%30%41 
Q6 - The Harris County Commissioners Court image
Negative / Strong 36 7%TOTAL NEGATIVE 85 17%No opinion 145 29%Never heard of 65 13%POSITIVE - NEGATIVE 121 24%
- One ossible referendum addresses
Base
METRO and the one quarter of one percent of its
501 501
sales tax revenues that it currently dedicates to the
For / Strongly 215 43%
General Mobility Program for local street and road
For / Somewhat 152 30%
maintenance and improvements. Version X: Would
TOTAL FOR367 73%
you vote for or against this General Mobility Program
 Against / Somewhat 25 5%
being continued? Version Y: Would you vote for or 
 Against / Strongly61 12%
against continuing to dedicate one quarter of one
TOTAL AGAINST 85 17%
percent of sales tax revenues for local street and road
Depends 18 4%
maintenance and improvements? for local street and
Unsure / Refused 31 6%
road maintenance and improvements?
DEPENDS / UNSURE 49 10%FOR - AGAINST 282 56%
Base 501 501
 _Q8TOT - One possible referendum would authorize
For / Strongly 103 20%
METRO to freeze the amount from the one quarter of 
For / Somewhat 116 23%
one percent sales tax revenues dedicated for local
TOTAL FOR 219 44%
street and road maintenance and improvements at an
 Against / Somewhat 75 15%
amount equal to the 2014 sale tax revenues, and then
 Against / Strongly 156 31%
using all revenues beyond the frozen amount for rail
TOTAL AGAINST 231 46%
(Ver Y: and buses). Would you vote for or against
Depends 10 2%
freezing the amount for roads and street maintenance
Unsure / Refused 41 8%
and improvements?
DEPENDS / UNSURE 51 10%FOR - AGAINST -13 -3%
Base 501 501
For / Strongly 68 14%
 _Q9TOT - One possible referendum would be to end
For / Somewhat 60 12%
the one quarter of one percent sales tax revenues for 
TOTAL FOR 128 26%
local street and road maintenance and improvements.
 Against / Somewhat 83 17%
Would you vote for or against ending the revenues
 Against / Strongly 236 47%
generated from the one-quarter cent that go to local
TOTAL AGAINST 318 64%
streets and roads and using that revenue for rail (Ver 
Depends 15 3%
Y: and buses)?
Unsure / Refused 40 8%DEPENDS / UNSURE 54 11%FOR - AGAINST -190 -38%
Base 501 501
Continue 266 53%
Q10 - If you had to choose, what would you prefer to
Freeze 82 16%
do with the one quarter of one percent of sales tax
Eliminate 40 8%
revenues currently dedicated for local street and road
Increase 82 16%
maintenance and improvements? Would you...
Other 2 *None 4 1%Unsure / Refused 24 5%
 
 
Toplines, July 21
23, 2012 BASELICE & ASSOCIATES, INC. Page 3Harris Metro Survey #12843
Q11 - Would you vote for or against increasing the
Base
For / StronglyFor / Somewhat
501
12686
501
25%17%
percentage such that more than one quarter of the
TOTAL FOR 213 42% Aainst / Somewhat 97 19%
one percent sales tax goes to local street and road
 Against / Strongly 138 28%
maintenance and improvements, thereby reducing the
TOTAL AGAINST 235 47%
overall sales tax revenues collected for rail (Ver Y:
Depends 11 2%
and buses)?
Unsure / Refused 43 9%DEPENDS / UNSURE 54 11%FOR - AGAINST -22 -4%
Q12 - If voters were presented with a single choice of whether or not to freeze the one quarter of the onepercent sales tax dedicated for local street and roadmaintenance and improvements, then the followingwould happen - - -ONE - - - a vote FOR the freeze
Base501 501
would eliminate half of the money going to streets and
Yes / Definitely 300 60%
roads over the next 20 years, and TWO - - - a vote
Yes / Somewhat 88 18%
 AGAINST the freeze would eliminate entirely the
TOTAL YES 388 77%
money going to streets and roads over the next twenty
No / Somewhat 21 4%
years. There would be no possible vote to continue
No / Definitely 46 9%
METRO’s current spending for streets and roads.
 
TOTAL NO 66 13%
Would you consider that to be an unfair referendum
Depends / Other 5 1%
because the option to continue current spending on
Unsure / Refused 42 8%
streets and roads was not presented to the voters?
DEPENDS / UNSURE 47 9%YES - NO 321 64%
Base 501 501
Road and street maintenance and improvements 94 19%
Q13 - If METRO spending had to be reduced in one
Rail expansion 276 55%
of the following three areas, would you prefer 
Bus service 79 16%
spending reductions on...
Two or more equally 9 2%Neither 24 5%Unsure / Refused 19 4%

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
scribd
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->