CHENNAI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Sarathy Nagar, Kundrathur, Pudupedu, Chennai– 600 069.
CHENNAI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Page 3
10. Define transfer function.
The transfer function of a system is defined as the ratio of the Laplacetransform of output to Laplace transform of input with zero initial conditions.
11. What are the basic elements used for modeling mechanical translationalsystem.
The basic elements used for modeling mechanical translational system are mass,spring and dashpot.
12. What are the basic elements used for modeling mechanical rotationalsystem?
The basic elements used for modeling mechanical rotational system are1. Moment of inertia J2. Dashpot with rotational frictional coefficient B3. Torsional spring with stiffness K.
13. Name two types of electrical analogous for mechanical system.
The two types of analogies for the mechanical system are1. Force voltage analogy 2. Force current analogy
14. What is block diagram?
A block diagram of a system is a pictorial representation of the functionsperformed by each component of the system and shows the flow of signals. Thebasic elements of block diagram arrow block, branch point and summing point.
15. What is the basis for framing the rules of block diagram reductiontechnique?
The rules for block diagram reduction technique are framed such that anymodification made on the diagram does not alter the input output relation.