Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more ➡
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Add note
Save to My Library
Sync to mobile
Look up keyword
Like this
2Activity
×
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Summary of Five for Florida Survey

Summary of Five for Florida Survey

Ratings: (0)|Views: 2,246|Likes:
Published by abigail_maciver

More info:

Published by: abigail_maciver on Aug 10, 2012
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See More
See less

08/10/2012

pdf

text

original

 
SUMMARY OF FIVE FOR FLORIDA SURVEY
©2012AmericansforProsperityAllRightsReserved
 
Conducted by The Tarrance Group for Americans for Prosperity-FloridaJuly 9-12, 2012 N=600 Registered “likely” votersMargin=+/- 4.1%
Issue Importance Series
Respondents were provided with the following list of reforms, and were asked how important each reformis to them personally. This exercise was conducted using a 10-scale, with 0 meaning the reform is not at allimportant, and 10 meaning the reform is extremely important.
 
Respondents rated each reform with a mean score of around 7.3-7.5. It is notable that a majorityof voters consider each reform to be extremely or very important.
 
Each reform has significant bi-partisan support, with the partisan differences strongest for regulatory and tax reform. It should also be noted that Democrats (40%) are significantly morelikely than Republicans (24%) to say that pension reform is
extremely
important.
 
Among the voters who are most concerned with education, 45% say education reform isextremely important, while 29% say it is very important (combined 74%).
 
MeanScoreExtremelyImportant %VeryImportant %SomewhatImportant %Not At AllImportant %
Reforming public education togive more choices to parents7.53
38% 31%
20% 9%Reforming how governmentregulates and issues permits to businesses to make doing business in Florida easier 7.40
29% 36%
25% 7%Reforming the FloridaRetirement System pension fundto preserve it for future retirees7.31
33% 34%
20% 11%Reforming how Floridagovernment awards statecontracts to outside businessesto make it more transparent for Florida citizens7.29
31% 33%
26% 8%Reforming the state corporatetax system to make it more fair 7.26
33% 32%
21% 11%
 
SUMMARY OF FIVE FOR FLORIDA SURVEY
©2012AmericansforProsperityAllRightsReserved
 
The table below shows the combined extremely/very important scores by party:
% Extremely/Very ImportantAll Voters
 
Republican
 
Democrat
 
Independent
 Reforming the state corporate tax system tomake it more fair 
65%
59% 69% 68%Reforming how Florida government awardsstate contracts to outside businesses to makeit more transparent for Florida citizens
63%
61% 62% 69%Reforming the Florida Retirement System pension fund to preserve it for future retirees
67%
63% 69% 69%Reforming public education to give morechoices to parents
69%
68% 68% 74%Reforming how government regulates andissues permits to businesses to make doing business in Florida easier 
65%
75% 52% 76%
Support or Oppose Reform Proposals
Respondents were presented with several reform proposals, and were asked if they support or oppose each proposal:
 
A majority of voters support all proposals and the support is bi-partisan.
 
Support
Unsure/Neither
Oppose
Making all state government contracts public and posting them online for allFloridians to read92% 2% 6%Requiring local governments in Florida to post online for the public how longit takes them to approve permits, licensing and inspections for businesses84% 6% 11%Making sure state government does not decide which businesses succeed, andwhich businesses fail74% 6% 20%Reducing the number of government rules and regulations for opening a new business in Florida73% 4% 23%Changing the public pension system for new state and local governmentworkers to a defined contributions plan, similar to the 401k plans that some private companies offer their employees70% 9% 22%Making sure that charter schools receive the same amount of funding per student as traditional public schools62% 5% 33%Providing more choices for parents who do not want to take the traditional public school path61% 6% 33%Allowing “parent trigger” laws that allow parents to turn around their child’sfailing public schools58% 23% 19%Providing vouchers to parents of public school students so they could sendtheir child to a private or religious school57% 2% 41%

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->