Forcing Change, Volume 6, Issue 2
bios on a few of the Western-based elites encountered in the disarmamentagenda of the 1960s. Note: Most of this information isn’t specifically dated. Therefore, be-ing a “member” doesn’t necessarily mean the individual is still part of a particular group(and some are deceased). Other data may be found in the timeline beginning on page 4.
John J. McCloy: Arthur I. Waskow:
- President of the World Bank, 1947-1949. - Senior Fellow, Peace Research Institute.- Military Governor for the U.S. Zone in Germany. - Fellow, Institute for Policy Studies.- Chairman, Chase Manhattan Bank, 1953-1960. - Fellow, Public Resource Center.- Chairman, Ford Foundations, 1958-1965. - Founder, The Shalom Center.- Hon. Chair, Atlantic Institute, 1966-1968. - Named, “Wisdom Keeper” by UN in 1996.- Chair, Council on Foreign Relations, 1953-1970
Lincoln P. Bloomfield: Christian Herter:
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations. - US Secretary of State, 1959-61.- Rockefeller Fellow. - US Trade Representative, 1962-66.- Staff, MIT Center for International Studies. - Hon. Director, Atlantic Council.- Dir. Global Issues, National Security Council. - Member, Council on Foreign Relations.- Asst. Sec. of State for Political-Military Affairs.
Richard A. Falk: Louis B. Sohn:
- Past advisor, World Federalist Institute. - Drafted parts of the United Nations Charter.- Past member, American Movement for - Co-author,
World Peace Through World Law.
World Government. - Delegate, UN Law of the Sea.- Member, World Order Models Project. - Consultant, World Association of Parliament-- Member, Council on Foreign Relations. arians for World Government.- Chair, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation. - Member, Council on Foreign Relations.- United Nations Special Rapporteur for Palestine.
Thomas C. Schelling: Kenneth E. Boulding:
- Past Foreign Policy Advisor, White House. - Cofounder of General Systems Theory.- Former member, Office of the Director for - Past Pres. American Economic Association.Mutual Security. - Past President, American Assoc. for the Ad-- Past negotiator, European Payments Union. vancement of Science.- Past member, RAND Corporation. - Founder of the Peace Studies field.- Past President, American Economic Association. - Past Pres. International Studies Association.- Founder, Center for Arms Control.- Member, Council on Foreign Relations.
Richard J. Barnet:
- Former State Department employee under John McCloyin the US Arms Control an Disarmament Agency (ACDA).- Co-founder, Institute for Policy Studies.- Fellow, Harvard’s Russian Research Center - Member, Council on Foreign Relations.