F. William Engdahl
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A Century of War, Anglo-American Oil Politics and :the New World Order.Dr. Bottiger Verlags-GmbHTitle of the German Edition: Mit der Olwaffe zur Weltmacht, ,
7der Weg zur neuen Weltordnung.
1. The Three Pillars of the British Empire
8© Copyright 1992 by Dr. Bottiger Verlags-GmbH, , _ The Empire Needs a New Strategy 8All rights reserved. _ Free Trade and the Sinews of British Power 101
English edition published 1993
_ Britain's "Informal Empire" 12- The Great Depression of 1873 16Distribution in the USA and Canada by Paul & CompanyPublishers Consortium, Inc., Concord, Massachusetts "
2. The Lines are Drawn: Germany and theGeopolitics of the " Great War"
20-Germany's "Wirtschaftswunder" 20- A Berlin bank panic 23- A Necessity of Ship and Rail Infrastructure 25
3. A Global Fight for Control of Petroleum Begins
29- A British Admiral sees beyond lamp oil 29- D'Arcy captures the secret of the burning rocks 30- The rail from Berlin to Baghdad 32- The new Dreadnaughts 36
On March 11,1917 British troops under command ~
Sir Edward Gre
s fateful Paris tri
of Major-General Stanley Maude capture Baghdad in a military " Fashoda, Witte, Great Projects and Great Mistakes 38expedition which drew forces away from the European theater ata critical moment in the war.
Oil Becomes the Weapon,
the Near East the Battleground
Source: Bildarchiv Preuisischer Kulturbesitz, Berlin. °
- A bankrupt Britain goes to war 45- Oil in the Great War 47- England's Secret Eastern War 50- Arthur Balfour's strange letter to Lord Rothschild 54- Balfour backs the new concept of Empire 55
5. Combined & Conflicting Goals: U.S. rivals Britain
60- Morgan finances the British war 60- New York Banks challenge City of London 65Typesetting: Dinges & Frick, Wiesbaden - England Moves for Oil Supremacy 68Printing: Ebner Ulm - Churchill and the Arab Bureau 70Printed in Germany - A Battle for Control of Mexico 71ISBN 3-925725-19-9 - The secret to British Oil control 72