© 2007 Cummins Power Generation Specifications subject to change without notice S-1319p (12/07)
Diesel Generator Set
Model DFEK 60 Hz
500 kW, 625 kVA Standby455 kW, 569 kVA Prime
The Cummins Power Generation DF-series commercialgenerator set is a fully integrated power generation systemproviding optimum performance, reliability, and versatility forstationary standby or prime power applications.A primary feature of the DF GenSet is strong motor-startingcapability and fast recovery from transient load changes. Thetorque-matched system includes a heavy-duty Cummins 4-cycle diesel engine, an AC alternator with high motor-startingkVA capacity, and an electronic voltage regulator with three-phase sensing for precise regulation under steady-state ortransient loads. The DF GenSet accepts 100% of thenameplate standby rating in one step, in compliance withNFPA 110 requirements.The standard PowerCommand
digital electronic control is anintegrated system that combines engine and alternatorcontrols for high reliability and optimum GenSet performance.Optional weather-protective enclosures and coolant heatersshield the generator set from extreme operating conditions.Environmental concerns are addressed by low exhaustemission engines, sound-attenuated enclosures, exhaustsilencers, and dual-wall fuel tanks. A wide range of options,accessories, and services are available, allowing configurationto your specific power generation needs.Every production unit is factory tested at rated load and powerfactor. This testing includes demonstration of rated power andsingle-step rated load pickup. Cummins Power Generationmanufacturing facilities are registered to ISO9001 qualitystandards, emphasizing our commitment to high quality in thedesign, manufacture, and support of our products. Thegenerator set is CSA certified and is available as UL2200Listed. The PowerCommand control is UL508 Listed.All Cummins Power Generation systems are backed by acomprehensive warranty program and supported by aworldwide network of 170 distributors and service branches toassist with warranty, service, parts, and planned maintenancesupport.
UL Listed Generator Set
- The complete generator setassembly is available Listed to UL 2200.
Low Exhaust Emissions
- Engine certified to U.S. EPANonroad Source Emission Standards, 40 CFR 89, Tier 2.
Cummins Heavy-Duty Engine
- Rugged 4-cycle industrialdiesel delivers reliable power, low emissions, and fastresponse to load changes.
- Several alternator sizes offer selectable motorstarting capability with low reactance 2/3 pitch windings; lowwaveform distortion with non-linear loads, fault clearingshort-circuit capability, and class H insulation. Thealternator electrical insulation system is UL1446Recognized.
Permanent Magnet Generator (PMG)
- Offers enhancedmotor starting and fault clearing short circuit capability.
- The PowerCommand electronic control isstandard equipment and provides total genset systemintegration, including automatic remote starting/stopping,precise frequency and voltage regulation, alarm and statusmessage display, AmpSentry
protection, output metering,auto-shutdown at fault detection, and NFPA 110compliance. PowerCommand control is Listed to UL508.
- Provides reliable running at the ratedpower level, at up to 50
C ambient temperature.
Integral Vibration Isolation
- Robust skid base supportsthe engine, alternator, and radiator on isolators, minimizingtransmitted vibration.
- Dual electro-deposition paint systemprovides high resistance to scratches, corrosion, or fading.
- Optional weather-protective and sound-attenuated enclosures are available.
- Dual wall sub-base fuel tanks are also offered.
- Generator sets are designed,manufactured, tested, and certified to relevant UL, NFPA,ISO, IEC, and CSA standards.
Warranty and Service
- Backed by a comprehensivewarranty and worldwide distributor network.