• Henry Morgentaler of Canada opened illegal abortion clinics in the city of Toronto andperformed thousands of illegal abortions with the complicity of the city police. The courtcases arising from his activism led directly to the overturning of protective abortion lawsin Canada and abortion on demand.
• California and New York state legislators led the drive for legalized abortion in theUnited States. Legislators who constantly emphasized their Jewishness led the pro-abortion movement in both states; those leaders included state senators AnthonyBielenson in California and Albert Blumenthal in New York.
• Pro-abortion 'Jews' dominate such anti-life groups as the American Civil LibertiesUnion and People for the American Way.
• Of the 41 Jewish-born members of the U.S. Senate over the last 20 years, 32 (or 80percent) have been stridently pro-abortion. Of the ten Jewish legislators in the U.S.Senate in 1977 and 1998, only one, pro-abortion Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) voted forthe Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act.
• Numerous liberal Jewish groups openly support and advocate abortion, including theAmerican Jewish Committee, the American Jewish Congress, the National Council ofJewish Women, Hadassah Women, the Federation of Reconstructionist Congregations,the Jewish Labor Committee, the Union of American Hebrew Congregations, B'nai B'rithWomen, Na'amat USA, the National Council of Jewish Women, the National Federationof Temple Sisterhood, the New Jewish Agenda, North American Temple Youth, theUnited Synagogues of America, and the Women's League for Conservative Judaism.Many of these groups were founded for the express purpose of pushing abortion.
• Betty Friedan and Gloria Steinem were both born Jewish. So was France's healthminister Simone Weil, who established abortion on demand in that country despitesurviving Auschwitz. At a Paris news conference, she said "We are out to destroy thefamily. The best way to do that is to begin by attacking its weakest member, the unbornchild."
• The ofﬁcially suppressed Lichter-Rothman studies revealed the following fascinatinginformation about the 'movers and shakers' of the media (both researchers, by the way,are Jewish):
Leaders of the motion picture industry: 95% pro-abortion, 62% Jewish;Leaders of the television industry: 97% pro-abortion, 59% Jewish;Leaders of the news media industry: 90% pro-abortion, 23% Jewish.
Jewish actor Ben Stein has said that "The Jewishness of the [media] business is soenormous so that if there was a letter from rabbis saying abortion is murder, that wouldbe extremely inﬂuential. ... Why is a woman's right to kill so popular? Why has it becomethe entrenched political position on the left, and to a large part, in the center and also on