- Lesson ProcedureStageAimTimeInteractionProcedure
Create interest (andallow for latecomers)5TSSSSTTS-ST
On WB -
Table of senses / body parts / phrasesSit, introduce the matching game and elicit the first connection and draw lines on board.
– (Game 1) 2 minutes in pairs match them all. Ask for volunteers to go to the board and draw up answers.
: were they all correct?
toelicit the 3 forms &meanings & deal withpron.20TSSSST – TS – ST
Verify Ss know:
busy, businessman, ghost, scared, clown, circus
– Pizza picture & example sentences / Follow with slide of 4 picturesSit, introduce Game 2, split the class into 2 groups. The first group with all 3 correct sentences for each picturewins a prize (hold up prize). Hand package to both teams – Go!
Prize to winning team
/ but praise both teams
On WB –
The 4 groups of 3 sentences
Discuss / confirm meaning with CCQs
Draw out the similarities & form for each and write it up on the board using pizza example.
Model and drill pronunciation – linking of the words: looks_like, looks_as_if
Students will buildconfidence throughcontrolled practice usingthe TL. And consolidateunderstanding of meaning & form.15minTSSTS-ST
On WB –
The gapfill exercise – Explain the exercise clearly. Show that the first one has been completedalready(HO Ex. 1)
– Students practice use of the new language (individual exercise).
Check in pairsFB:
Which ones did you get wrong? Discuss why and refer back to the form on the board.Have a second (freer) exercise ready in case they manage to do this quickly and successfully. (separate HO)
Speaking – studentsactively use the TL infree practice.15minTSSSST
– Pre check & clarify key vocab.Pair work describing / guessing using TL. Tick off the ones you worked on.(HO Ex. 2)
Random nomination. Which ones did you pick to describe? Did you find it difficult?
To ‘close the loop’ 3-5TSST
the language covered in the lesson – comment on good use of language picked up frommonitoring the students during FP.
- Draw attention to the form / meaning info on back of HO if they want to practice the languagemore. Ask them how useful they think this will be to them –
Tutor comment on plan