Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
2.0KActivity
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Marketing Strategies of McDonalds

Marketing Strategies of McDonalds

Ratings:

4.69

(35)
|Views: 329,510 |Likes:
Published by DISHANTSIDANA
This is a report about the various Marketing Strategies of McDonald's along with various related examples.
This is a report about the various Marketing Strategies of McDonald's along with various related examples.

More info:

Published by: DISHANTSIDANA on Jan 30, 2009
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOC, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less

11/15/2014

pdf

text

original

 
 NMIMS UNIVERSITY
McDonald’s : Behind The Golden Arches
Customer Acquisition and Retention
GroupRITABRATA GHOSH (316)M.S. DEEPAK BALAJI (339)JIGAR SHAH (350) NIKET SHERLEKAR (354)DISHANT SIDANA (357)
 
The McDonald’s Story - Genesis
The story of McDonald’s started in 1954, when its founder Raymond Kroc saw a hamburger stand in San Bernardino, California and envisioned a nationwide fast food chain. Kroc provedhimself as a pioneer who revolutionized the American restaurant industry. Today McDonald’sis the world’s largest fast food chain serving 47 million customers daily. McDonald’s is nowone of the most valuable brands globally, worth more than $25 billion. The Golden Archesand its mascot Ronald McDonald have gained universal recognition. Though the companyhas roots in the US, McDonald’s today has become an
accepted citizen of the world
.
2 |Page
 
McDonald’: Behind The Golden Arches
YearEvents1955
Ray Kroc opens his first restaurant. McDonald’s Corporation is created
1957
Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value (QSC & V) becomes companymotto
1963
Ronald McDonald makes debut
1965
The company goes public
1968
Big Mac is introduced`
1974
Happy Meal is launched
1996
McDonald’s opens in India, the 95
th
country
Business Model
Franchise Model
 – Only 15% of the total number of restaurants are owned by theCompany. The remaining 85% is operated by franchises. The company follows acomprehensive framework of training and monitoring of its franchises to ensure thatthey adhere to the
Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value propositions
offered bythe company to its customers.
Product Consistency – 
By developing a sophisticated supplier networked operationand distribution system, the company has been able to achieve consistent product tasteand quality across geographies.
3 |Page

Activity (1,976)

You've already reviewed this. Edit your review.
Teo Jia Wee liked this
msworld27 liked this
Darshil Agrawal added this note
Could any one of the uploader contact to me or give me their contact no., I want to get a soft copy emailed to my address? Please i really means me alot
Neardey C. Hem liked this
Airene K Sim liked this
Yanmin Tan liked this
Ajitha Shan liked this
Ajitha Shan liked this

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->