Welcome to Scribd. Sign in or start your free trial to enjoy unlimited e-books, audiobooks & documents.Find out more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
10 Ways Canadians Find Money From Unfiled Taxes

10 Ways Canadians Find Money From Unfiled Taxes

Ratings: (0)|Views: 445|Likes:
Published by Neel Roberts
Find out how delinquent Canadian tax filers find money!
Find out how delinquent Canadian tax filers find money!

More info:

Published by: Neel Roberts on Feb 04, 2009
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF or read online from Scribd
See more
See less


We take your taxes personally!
Ten Ways to FindMoney from UnfiledTaxes
By Neel E. RobertsRevised February 2008
© 2008 PTC Canada
Ten Ways to Find Money from Unfiled Taxes PTC Canada
Table of Contents
 © 2008 PTC Canada
Page 1
Ten Ways to Find Money from Unfiled Taxes PTC Canada
Ten Ways to Find Moneyfrom Unfiled Taxes
o you have several years of unfiled taxes? Are you wondering if CRA owesyou money? Did you know you can actually make money by filing your taxes?Over one million Canadians file late every year, and millions of unpaid dollars aresitting in CRA coffers collecting interest for them. This handout is based on yearsof helping clients and Canadian taxpayers legally recover money owed to them byCRA. We hope you can use it to find some overdue money payable to you!
Find out how many years need to be filed.
This is definitely your first step. If you are up to date in your filings but think CRA owes you money, you may need to adjust previous returns or appeal. Isuggest you get PTC Canada’s
10 Ways to See if You Have Paid Your Fair Share of Taxes
to see if there is an opportunity for you. To find out whichreturns you need to file, contact CRA at 1-800-959-8281, visit yourlocal taxcentre, or go ontoMy Account.
Find out what types of credits you are entitled to for each year.
In Canada, the average taxpayer may be entitled to a tax refund, Child TaxBenefit, GST credits, and various provincial tax credits for every return filed.Sometimes the government has tax bonus programs as well. You can calculatethe credits yourself through various tax programs or by using CRA’sgeneralincome tax and benefit package. Or you can ask a professional to do thecalculations for you.
File only the necessary returns.
Just because you haven’t filed a return for a few years does not mean you arerequired to file. Unless CRA requests you to file, or you are expecting arefund or credits, you generally don’t need to file. CRA may not bother to ask you to file returns that are many years overdue. File the ones that CRArequires or that are in your interest. Don’t bother with the others unless youare asked. A tax pro can help you decide which ones are important.
 © 2008 PTC Canada
Page 2

Activity (2)

You've already reviewed this. Edit your review.
1 thousand reads
1 hundred reads

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->