How do I make these changes permanent?
hat i I nd mysel slipping rom my plan?
the way and ask yoursel what you could change to make
eel good and how you can repeat those behaviors.
I elt overwhelmed by making these changes.What should I do?
improvement can be stressul. Rather than deciding thatmaking a change is not or you, pick one problem you eelyou can manage and place your ocus there. You can add toyour eorts as you go along.
What i I could use some help?
an important tool in managing stress. Making these
they help you stay motivated and on-target with your goals.
What i this isn’t working?
or proessional counselor can sometimes make a hugedierence over working things out by yoursel. It cansave time as well as show you new points o view, providevaluable tips and techniques, and help keep you on track.
Look at your progress
Consider the following strategies if you nd yourself in an
immediate stress crisis:
• Take a quick break to rejuvenate your mind. You could takea short walk, look at or listen to something that is inspiringto you, or practice focused breathing techniques.• Talk your situation over with someone you trust who is both
supportive and empathetic.
• Connect with others who can help buffer some of the
negative effects of stress.
• Look for humor in the situation; when used appropriately, it
is a great way to diffuse tension.
Mental and physical wellness is completely entwined.
You can’t think well if your body is hurting, and vice
versa. Fortunately, you can have an immediate impact
on your wellbeing by taking some small, simple steps.
Professionals recommend focusing on:
- Try making incremental changes toyour diet; low blood sugar can cause anxiety andirritability while too much food can make you feel
tip fr eing well
: try eating small
meals throughout the day to keep your blood sugar
level and give yourself balanced energy.
– Exercise is an effective way to liftmood, increase energy, sharpen focus, and relaxboth mind and body.
tip ge ming
: Park yourvehicle farther away from entrances or take the
stairs instead of the elevator.
- Being well rested facilitatesmaintaining emotional balance.
tip fr impringres
: Set a regular bedtime or establish a timewhen all screens (television, computer, etc.) mustbe turned off so the mind has time to relax.
I’ve decided I want to do a better jobmanaging my stress. What now?
Having a plan can help you manage situations and
the list in the frst section and, whenever you noticeyoursel experiencing them, do the ollowing:
Stop and breathe
triggered your stress.
Keep a journal
stress, how you elt physically and emotionally,how you acted in response, and what you did tomake yoursel eel better.
Make time or yoursel
- Your need orrelaxation and recreation is vitally important.Nearly all stress-reducing activity has immediatebenefts such as increased physical well-being,increased energy, increased alertness, andimprovement in emotional wellness. Thesebenefts increase with consistent practice.
Take steps to achievehappiness and health