Snaith Secondary School was built in the 1950s to sup- ply the needs of the villages surrounding Snaith. TheSchool opened with 300 pupils on roll and a staff of 13.It was officially opened on 19 April 1958 by CountyAlderman Major J.H. Hudson Chairman of the WestRiding.
The First Head Master Mr W. Furnissand members of the teaching staff
.The school has its own playing fields in open farm-land, a garden with greenhouse and potting shed adja-cent to the rural studies classroom and a caretaker’shouse by the main entrance. The single-storey block contains the cloakroom, toilets, medical inspectionroom and Secretary’s room as well as the entrance hallwhich opens directly into the assembly hall. A com- bined woodwork and metalwork room forms part of this block.In 1995 the extension of theLibraryThe Humanities building wasopened by County Councillor Norman Hall on 23 November 2000. Geography History ICTand a Careers room.The new Technology Building for ICT, Business,Maths, Art, Food Technology and Textiles wasopened by Councillor David J. Grange on 1 Febru-ary 2006In 2005 the school became The Snaith School—A Spe-cialist School in Business and Enterprise. The number of pupils on roll now is 812 with 51 Teaching and 44Support Staff.