Dangerous, flammable, explosive, irritant, sensitizer, acidic, or causticchemicals.
Poisonous; can be general or very specific. Often harmful even in diluteconcentrations.
- Substances that activate the immune system.
- Allergens that are recognized as foreign by white blood cells and stimulate the production ofspecific antibodies.
Sick Building Syndrome
An illness affecting workers in office buildings, characterized by skinirritations, headache, and respiratory problems, and thought to be caused by indoor pollutants,microorganisms, or inadequate ventilation. Also called
Environmental Protection Agency:
- Special class of metabolic poisons that specifically attack nerve cells.
Heavy Metals -
Kill nerve cells. Examples: lead and mercury
- Agents that damage or alter genetic material.
- Specifically cause abnormalities during embryonic growth and development.
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
FAS) is a pattern of mental and physical defects that can develop in a fetusin association with high levels of alcohol consumption during pregnancy. Surgeon General of the United