WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Vice Presidents, Directors, General ManagersChie Inormation OfcersChie Inormation Security OfcersChie Technology OfcersBusiness Continuity OfcersHeads o Departments in Inormation SecurityManagement Inormation Systems, ITInrastructure, IT Architecture, Network Operations, IT Operations, IT Data Center,DataBase Management, IT DeploymentIT Business Enterprise, IT Risk Management,IT Quality Assurance, IT Audit, Risk Management,Internal Audit, Disaster Recovery
WHY THIS EVENT
The aim o this interactive workshop is to provideyou with the skills critical to business continuity,disaster recovery & risk management.Ater attending this workshop, you will leaveully armed with the knowledge needed tocreate a business continuity plan (BCP) and themethodology or building an inrastructure thatsupports its eective implementation. The combination o interactive presentations,hands-on exercises and open discussion groupsalong with real case studies, ensures you willobtain maximum value rom attending.
DAY2BCP/DRP - CONCEPTS & PRINCIPLES
Introduction to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- The diference between business continuity and disaster recovery- Why a recovery plan is an integral part o an organization’s operationalstrategyUnderstanding where the threats come rom- Understanding codes o practice and legal/regulatory compliancerequirements- The step-by-step process or BCP/DRP
Protecting our assets
- What are we protecting?- What are our mission-critical processes?- How to prioritize what is important to protect
What is risk and how do we deal with it?
- Understanding risk assessment methodologies- Matching the response to the threat based on the risk - Enterprise vs. local risk management- Top business continuity planning mistakes
The need for business continuation – a case study
- Introduction o ctitious business case- Understand business continuity/disaster recovery needs- Documenting the continuity requirements
DAY1BUSINESS CONTINUITYLEADERSHIP WORKSHOP
IT Leadership Workshop is a special one-day course designed to coverthe challenges aced with managing the business continuity eforts in anorganization. Implementing a ull business continuity plan and disasterrecovery plan is a major efort. This requires coordination with alldepartments. It requires interacing with individuals at all levels romtechnicians and programmers to managers, directors, and C-levelexecutives.In this workshop you will learn how perorm a stakeholder analysis,outline the stakeholders required to accomplish your job, and how toefectively navigate the possible roadblocks preventing you romaccomplishing your tasks. In addition, you will learn tips and techniquesthat will increase your competence and condence when inuencingand implementing inormation technology in your organization.
Managing the Business Continuity Process
- Creating a BCP/DRP ramework - Determining your critical success actors (CSF)- Determining your key perormance indicators (KPI)- Business continuity management strategies
Understanding your Corporate Culture
- Understanding your organization’s trends, strategy and environment- Tips, tricks, and trouble spots- Developing a business continuity management culture- Exercising, maintenance, and audit
Understanding your Stakeholders
- How to identiy your key stakeholders- Perorming a stakeholder analysis- Creating a stakeholder engagement communication plan- Getting stakeholder engagement and support