Types of shops in English
- a shop that sells many different items in different departments.Harrods is probably the world's best known department store.
- a large shop that sells mostly food and household items.
(US) - a shop that sells food.
- sells fresh fruit and vegetables.
- sells fresh meat.
- sells fresh bread and cakes.
- sells fresh fish.
(US) - sells medicines and toiletries.
(US) - sells medicines.
- sells newspapers and magazines.
- sells paper goods.
- sells glasses / contact lenses.
- sells things for home improvement.
- hard goods, such as nails andscrews.
(UK) - a shop on the corner of your street, selling a range of basicgoods - food, newspapers, sweets, bread, etc.
) - sells specialist food not normally found in supermarkets. Forexample, an Italian deli, an Asian deli.
- market traders (people who work on a market) have stalls that sell fruit andvegetables, clothes, household items and so on.
- for pets and pet food.
- a group of stalls selling old furniture or clothes.
(UK) - like a cafe, but sells tea and cakes.