1. What are the key employment laws related to
2. What’s the most effective recruitment method?
4. What records must I keep and for how long?
6. How should I retain Form I-9?
7. Am I obligated to have an afﬁrmative action
11. What are reasonable accommodations?
15. Should I test applicants?
16. How do I validate tests?
26. How do I initiate a campus recruitment
31. How should I write an online job ad?
32. How do I make the most of my corporate Web
33. How do I increase trafﬁc to my corporate Web
34. How do I harvest resumes from online
35. How can I reach passive job seekers online?
42. How formal should an interview be?
44. What is behavior-based interviewing?
47. How do I interview Generation X job hoppers?
49. How can I conduct an effective reference
52. Should I hire a background investigation ﬁrm?
53. How do I select a background investigation
54. Should Iinstitute drug testing for all new hires?
55. How do I decide between two good
56. Should I hire on the basis of gut feelings or
60. How do I compose a job offer letter?
61. What is progressive discipline?
64. What is a ‘‘probationary’’ period?
69. What does it mean to ﬁre ‘‘for cause’’?
70. How should I handle poor performance?
72. How do I maximize exit interviews?
73. How do I administer progressive discipline?
78. What is an appropriate disciplinary time
87. What are letters of clariﬁcation?
95. How do I handle job abandonment?
103. How do I select who should be let go?
111. How do I choose an outplacement ﬁrm?