1. Who has been elected as the chairman of Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development(AFPPD)?
Answer: P.J Kurien
2. .........., the developer of the first successful oral vaccination for Poliopassedaway recently?
3. The international Monetary Fund has recently recognized the Government of .......... After 22 years?
4. The Indian-American economist who wonthe JohnBates Clark Medal 2013?
Answer: Raj ChettyJohn BatesClark Medal is awarded by theAmerican EconomicAssociation. The award often described as the ‘Baby Nobel’, is considered by many economists to be second only to the Nobel Prize.
5. What is the full form of NOFN?
Answer: National Optical Fibre Network. The scheme recently approved by the Union Government willconnect2,50,000 GramPanchayats in the country through OpticalFibre Cable.
6. Which power generation company has recently been conferred with the ‘Mini Ratna Category 1’ status by theGovernment of India?
Answer: NorthEastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO)
7. Who wrote the novel ‘The Orphan Master’s Son’, which won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 2013?
8. The veteran play back singer .......... who had sung around 3000 songs in Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalamand Tulupassedaway on 14th April?
Answer: P.B Srinivas
9. World Earth Day was observed on:
Answer: April 22
10. What was the theme of 2013 World Earth day (April 22)?
Answer: The face of climate change
11. Who has beenelected as the President of the Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
Answer: Takehiko Nakao (Japan)
12. Who has been appointed as the Chairperson of the State Child Rights Commission, Kerala?
Answer: Neela Gangadharan
13. The 200th birth anniversary of.........., the ruler of the erstwhile kingdom of Travancore is being celebrated now?
Answer: Swati Tirunal
14. Which Indian has been appointed as the Vice Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce?
Answer: Sunil Bharti Mittal
15. The famous Indian Violinist whopassedaway on April 22?
Answer: Lalgudi Jayaraman
16. Who is sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy?
Answer: Enrico Letta
17. The space observatory of the European Space Agency which stopped functioning recently?