LECTER, HANNIBALPATIENT HISTORY AND PROFILE
SOURCES: forensic evidence, public records, eyewitness accounts,interviews, and psychological profiles.Born in Lithuania. Father a Count, mother a highborn Italian. Believedto be descended from the ruthless Tuscan Guiliano Bevisangue and fromthe Machiavelli and Visconti bloodlines.
– At 6 years of age, Lecter would have shown a frighteningintensity and detachment toward those around him, with seeminglypreternatural knowledge.At this time the Eastern Front of World War II collapsed, andLithuania suffered great devastation during the German retreat fromRussia. Records exist of an opulent estate near Vilnius, believed tobe the Lecters’, where Nazis killed the sovereignty and servants.Several bodies were recovered; none were children.
NOTE: The following is strictly theoretical.
As the Nazis retreat, several scavengers lodge in the Lecterestate. Those children who survived the attacks are stored in abarn. With a particularly harsh winter, food becomes scarce, andthe scavengers turn to the children. Lecter may have beenconsidered, but thought too wiry and thin. Instead, his youngersibling, sister Mischa, is taken from the barn. She is never seenagain.
– Lecter’s activities largely unknown. Moved to the UnitedStates and established citizenship.
– While serving as an emergency room physician at Maryland-Misericordia Hospital, Dr. Hannibal Lecter admits and treats a malebow hunter with an arrow wound.
– Lecter establishes a psychiatric practice in Maryland.
– Dr. Lecter performs psychiatric evaluations for the Marylandand Virginia state courts.Many of his affluent patients claim to have released various funds andstocks to Lecter, however, the IRS was unable to confirm transactions.Eyewitness accounts testify to Lecter driving a customized Bentley andoften associating with socialite Rachel DuBerry.