Appendix C: Interview Transcript and Summary
Interviewee: Mr.Tatunori Kato
What is your current position?
I am a chief teacher now.
Please take a moment to provide a short professional biography.
I have been a high-school teacher for 27 years after graduating from an university. My school ismanaged by the Tokyo government.
Please describe your experience with technology and education.
Nine years have passed since I started the education on information and communicationstechnologies (ICTs).
How does your country integrate technology into the curriculum?
30 % of the curriculum on ICT is spent for lectures. Basic digital technologies and morals for ICTare taught. The rest 70 % is spent for practical exercises including Internet, Excel, Word andPowerpoint.
What kind of technology is available for students to use in your schools?
How do you ensure that every student has equal access to technology?
Not in particular.
Is there a person at your school to assist you and other teachers with technology use andsupport?
Yes, our school has a contract with an ICT company. Support and maintenance is by it.Simple support and maintenance are done by myself.
Is there an organization that establishes educational policy, specifically technologyintegration policy, for schools?
No, I establish educational policy. Our school has PC committee. PC commitee is made up of 4members. The task of PC committee is,(1) to determine the amount for budget request(2) to maintain the home page of our school(3) to maintain PCs and Internet network
How do schools get their funding for technology?