In the name of God
Peace be upon you Following the our numerous correspondents with that respected Council regarding the clear violations by some elements of the Ministry of Interior (responsible for polling and vote counting) and one of the presidential candidates which has affected the outcome of the 12 June election, we list these violations below one more time and insist that the disqualification of this Election process is clear beyond any doubt and thus should be nullification:
1. During the campaign period and specially in the debates, Mr. Ahmadinejad has made outrageous accusations (of corruption) against many persons including Mr. Hashemi Rafsanjani
, the respected head of the “Experts Council” (in charge of monitoring and selection of the Supreme leader in case of his death or disqualification) and the head of the Council for “Tashkhise Maslahat” (in charge of resolving disputes between Guardian Council and the Parliament) and Mr. Nategh‐e Nouri , member of the same council and also the head of the Special Investigation Unit (“Bazrassi‐e Vizhe”) appointed by the Supreme leader (also ex parliament‐speaker) in the national media (State TV), which according to the Persecutor General, is in direct violation of the law and a criminal act punishable by the law. These accusations were the basis of Mr. Ahmadinejad’s campaign against other candidates, including me (Sorry for the tedious text, the original text is as tedious)
2. During the TV debates, he (Ahmadinejad) said things which were harmful to the national security and degrading to our great late leader Ayatollah Khomeyni. Moreover, he revealed state secrets and combined them with inaccurate statements, including accusing the Government of the Islamic Republic or Iran and the Ministry of Interior (under Mr. Mousavi as the Prime Minister, 1981-89) of hiring and organization of street thugs and militia for attacking and suppression of the youth, cutting “neck ties” and forcibly shaving youth’s heads (i.e. unorthodox haircuts, as in signs of the influence of the western culture) -which is of course false and has never been proved in a court of law- which are again criminal acts and punishable by the law.
3. The elements of the ministry of interior and the state governors were grossly uncooperative and did not issue ID cards for our representatives (in polling stations) –Mousavi and Karoobi’s, both. Therefore, many polling stations were completely unsupervised by us (which is again against the law).
4. Opposite to what was agreed upon before –that the vote counting would be carried out manually‐ the election bureau of the ministry of interior started to announce vote counts of large numbers already before the counting was completed in many of the polling stations. This is while the official forms No. 2 and 28 (for reporting the tallies to the central election bureau) was not even sent to the central bureau by the polling stations and the tallies were only based on the numbers entered in the computer network system (very sketchy system, unsecure software with numerous bugs, was not supposed to be used).
5. Hundreds of polling station all around the country specially in larger cities ran out of voting ballots many hours before the closing time of the polls which caused long delays and waiting time for the voters (many were turned around). With respect to the fact that 17 million surplus ballots were printed (17 millions more the number of qualified voters), the delay in distribution and also closing the polls while still many voters were waiting outside in lines to vote, shows that there has been a concern that the total casted ballots might surpass the 100% of the qualified voters. It’s clear that such events are clear indicators for widespread and organized fraudulent activity and existence of countless “fake” ballots.
6. In addition to these, numerous counts of specific violations have been reported to your office by us in some 80 letters.
7. During the illegal extra time which the national media provided only to Mr. Ahmadinjad, he warned about violent unrests after the election while implying that his win is certain. He also already accused his challenger of conspiracy to start unrests. These all are indications of detailed and organized preparations for manipulation of and fraud in the election. In accordance to this, websites and newspapers including Raja news, Fars and IRNA (which directly support him) already announced his victory in as their first title hours before even the end of the polling time.
8. The section 40 of the armed forces law which bans all the armed forces (including the Basij, volunteer Militia) from participating in political activities was grossly violated. Also the he and his supports used all the public resources provided by the state for their election campaign in different cities and provinces all around the country which is again in violation of the section 68 of the election law (text goes on to list a series on minister names and the cities they campaigned in, mentions the use of the governments private jet for campaigning and that these are against section 7 of the elec. law)
With regard to all the afore mentioned violations, we request the nullification of the results of the 12‐June election.
Mir Hussein Mousavi
Use your Facebook login and see what your friends are reading and sharing.
Now bringing you back...