expansion in the affected area - root out phoniness and focus yourself on heartfelt inner reasons for your actions and decisions, rather than the drive for external success. Anykind of big spending can go awry if done thoughtlessly.
- In backward motion for about 140 days, retrograde Saturn wants you to think before saying "yes" to anything. Look at your current commitments, projects and promises and be sure they are still relevant and, if not, say "no" and move on. Keep extraresponsibilities at a minimum and, remember, focus on what's in place and avoid takingon new responsibilities.
- Because of its elliptical orbit, Chiron's retrogrades are less orderly than other planets. While Chiron reaches out to heal others when direct, it looks within to apply its powers of acceptance and healing when in retrograde. Finding compassion for yourself isthe task, and it offers an opportunity to find healing, or at least understanding andacceptance, for recurring personal issues.
- Watch out! During Uranus backward motion, about 42% of the time, you will probably astound friends and family with your unpredictability, and your stronger-than-usual quest to understand "why." Its urge toward freedom is more powerful when it's inretrograde, and Uranus will root out and blow up the excuses, self-deceptions and fearswhich keep you from being wholly authentic in the areas it affects.
- Neptune, which moves backward about 43% of the time, is one of the very best of the do-over, because since Neptune rules denial and deception, its retrogrademakes it far easier for you to spot and understand subtle signals. Your inner voice isclearer and your perspective is enhanced. The kicker is that if you don't use the time well,you can be haunted afterward by uneasiness that's hard to pinpoint.
- Since Pluto spends about half the year moving backward, it's not felt as vividlyunless it hits your chart, and then it acts like a roto-rooter, thoroughly (and sometimesuncomfortably) flushing out and cleansing your inner landscape. As they say, resistance isnot only futile; it will make the experience far more uncomfortable. Far better tocooperate with Pluto's agenda, spend your time reaching deep into your psyche toeliminate old patterns and beliefs that are holding you back.
So no matter what planet is in retrograde, it is up to you to use this powerfultransition time to learn your lessons and strengthen your soul. Pretty soon,you'll have so many things sorted out in your life; you'll have no problemsailing gracefully through all the planetary shifts we encounter every day.