How can an ERP such as SAP help a business owner learn more about howbusiness operates?
- In order to use an ERP system, a business person must understand the business processes and how they work together from one functional area to the other. This knowledge gives the student amuch deeper understanding of how a business operates. Using SAP as a tool tolearn about ERP systems will require that the people understand the business processes and how they integrate.17.
What is the difference between OLAP and Data Mining?
- OLAP - On lineAnalytical processing is a reporting tool configured to understand your databaseschema ,composition facts and dimensions . By simple point-n-clicking, a user can run any number of canned or user-designed reports without having to knowanything of SQL or the schema. Because of that prior configuration, the OLAPengine “builds” and executes the appropriate SQL. Mining is to build theapplication to specifically look at detailed analyses, often algorithmic; even moreoften misappropriate called “reporting.18.
What is “Extended Star Schema” and how did it emerge?
- The Star Schemaconsists of the Dimension Tables and the Fact Table. The Master Data relatedtables are kept in separate tables, which has reference to the characteristics in thedimension table(s). These separate tables for master data is termed as theExtended Star Schema.19.
Define Meta data, Master data and Transaction data
: Data that describes the structure of data or MetaObjects is calledMetadata. In other words data about data is known as Meta Data.
: Master data is data that remains unchanged over a long period of time. It contains information that is always needed in the same way.Characteristics can bear master data in BW. With master data you are dealing withattributes, texts or hierarchies.
Data relating to the day-to-day transactions is the Transactiondata.20.
Name some drawbacks of SAP
- Interfaces are huge problem, Determine wheremaster data resides, Expensive, very complex, demands highly trained staff,lengthy implementation time.21.
What is Bex?
- Bex stands for Business Explorer. Bex enables end user to locatereports, view reports, analyze information and can execute queries. The queries inworkbook can be saved to there respective roles in the Bex browser. Bex has thefollowing components: Bex Browser, Bex analyzer, Bex Map, Bex Web.22.
What are variables?
- Variables are parameters of a query that are set in the parameter query definition and are not filled with values until the queries areinserted into workbooks. There are different types of variables which are used indifferent application: Characteristics variables, Hierarchies and hierarchy node,Texts, Formulas, Processing types, User entry/Default type, Replacment Path.