3. Rules and regulations issued by the administrative bodies
– e.g.Omnibus Rules Implementing the Labor Code.
4. Determinations and orders of the administrative bodies in thesettlement of controversies
Administration is understood in two senses:1.
– administration as the aggregate of individuals in whosehands the reins of government are for the time being.2.
– administration as the actual running of the government bythe executive authorities through the enforcement of laws andimplementation of policies.Government (as distinguished from administration) is the agency orinstrumentality through which the will of the State is formulated,expressed and realized.
Administration Distinguished from LawLaw
is impersonal command provided with sanctions to be applied incase of violation, while
is preventive rather punitive andis accepted to be more personal than law.Law maintains a watchful eye on those who would violate its order.While administration on the other hand seeks to spare individuals frompunishments of the law by persuading him to observe its commands.
Chapter 2Administrative Agencies
– a body endowed with quasi-legislative andquasi-judicial powers for the purpose of enabling it to carry out the lawsentrusted to it for enforcement or execution.