A. Problems with being too conscientiousB. Problems with anger and remorseC. Feelings of guilt and inadequacyD. Feeling of unworthiness and hopelessness
17. Mario is complaining to other clients about not being allowed by staff to keep food in his room. Which of the following interventions would be most appropriate?
A. Allowing a snack to be kept in his roomB. Reprimanding the clientC. Ignoring the clients behavior D. Setting limits on the behavior
18. Conney with borderline personality disorder who is to be discharge soon threatens to
toherself if discharged. Which of the following actions by the nurse would be most important?
A. Ask a family member to stay with the client at home temporarily
B. Discuss the meaning of the client’s statement with her
C. Request an immediate extension for the client
D. Ignore the clients statement because it’s a sign of manipulation
19. Joey a client with antisocial personality disorder belches loudly. A staff member asks Joey,
you knowwhy people find you
this statement most likely would elicit which of the following client reaction?
A. DefensivenessB. EmbarrassmentC. ShameD. Remorsefulness
20. Which of the following approaches would be most appropriate to use with a client suffering fromnarcissistic personality disorder when discrepancies exist between what the client states and what actuallyexist?
A. RationalizationB. Supportive confrontationC. Limit settingD. Consistency
21. Cely is experiencing alcohol withdrawal exhibits tremors, diaphoresis and hyperactivity. Blood pressure is190/87 mmhg and pulse is 92 bpm. Which of the medications would the nurse expect to administer?
A. Naloxone (Narcan)B. Benzlropine (Cogentin)C. Lorazepam (Ativan)D. Haloperidol (Haldol)
22. Which of the following foods would the nurse Trish eliminate from the diet of a client in alcoholwithdrawal?
A. Milk B. Orange JuiceC. SodaD. Regular Coffee
23. Which of the following would Nurse Hazel expect to assess for a client who is exhibiting late signs of heroin withdrawal?
A. Yawning & diaphoresisB. Restlessness & Irritability