Sentence: We share our friendship genuinely.6. Synonym: revealedSentence: I revealed my darkest secret to every student.
Mattie and C.B.To Mattie1. What do you like about C.B.?
2. What is one thing you don’t like about C.B.?
3. What was the worst food you’ve ever prepared for C.B.?
To C.B.1. How do you compare Mattie to your real mom?
2. If Mattie isn’t around,
how will you handle your problem?
3. What is the best lesson you’ve ever learned from Mattie?
What makes a person good?
Mattie treats her as if she were her real daughter.
Mattie is always there when she needs someone to talk to.
Mattie guides her as she grows up.Person
I can see that she always cares for her friend’s feelings.
B. StructureExercise 1:
Recognizing adjective clauses, reduced adjective clauses, and prepositional phrases1. Mattie was a woman. She could really cook well.
2. Charlie was Mattie’s daughter. Her best friend was C.B.
3. C.B. is a person for home cooking. She has a really big appetite.4. Mattie was happy to see C.B. walk in. She was preparing chicken parmigiana in her kitchen.5. Charlie and C.B. were sisters. They had different skin colors.