Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Save to My Library
Look up keyword
Like this
1Activity
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Minutes 2008.11.10 Residents' Club Cttee

Minutes 2008.11.10 Residents' Club Cttee

Ratings: (0)|Views: 5 |Likes:
Connaught Hall is an intercollegiate hall of residence of the University of London. The Residents' Club Committee is composed of five elected and three unelected officers; they run things like the hall bar, common rooms, and fitness room, and organsie social and entertainment activities - in many institutions this would be called the JCR.
Connaught Hall is an intercollegiate hall of residence of the University of London. The Residents' Club Committee is composed of five elected and three unelected officers; they run things like the hall bar, common rooms, and fitness room, and organsie social and entertainment activities - in many institutions this would be called the JCR.

More info:

Published by: Connaught Hall, University of London on Jun 30, 2009
Copyright:Public Domain

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less

05/11/2014

pdf

text

original

 
 
Minutes of the Residents’ Club Committee Meeting on 10/11/08
PRESENT
Hawa Abubakar (Senior Member Representative)Sophia Borovick (Secretary)Lloyd Butterworth (Sports Officer)Matthew Haywood (Senior Member Representative)Alex JonesMatthew Maclachlan (Treasurer)Micheal Morrison (Bar Manager)Noah Rainey (President)David Whelan (Entertainment Officer)
CALLED TO ORDER AT 7.20 P.M.PRESIDENT’S BUSINESS
 
1. Noah said that Residents seem to have really enjoyed the Halloween party.2. Noah said that he wanted to hold a Speed Meeting event before the end of term.David will liaise with Noah in organising this event.
TREASURER’S BUSINESS
3. Matthew said that he was still awaiting the JCR joining fees. Hawa Abubakar suggestedthat Matthew think of these fees simply as the amount of money this year’s Committee isleaving aside for next year’s Committee.
ENTERTAINMENT OFFICER’S BUSINESS
4. David will ask Adrian Clark (Vice-Warden) to apply for a late licence for the Christmasparty which will take place on Friday 5
th
December 2008.5. In reference to the last Committee meeting (30/10/08 – 4a), Lloyd offered to be the quizmaster for the next Pub Quiz.6. David and Mick are holding ‘Connaught’s Got Talent’ on Sunday 16
th
November 2008.7. Matthew proposed that the Committee hold a Wine, Port & Cheese Evening with a‘Toga’ dress code. The Committee agreed to hold this event at some point soon.David will organise the event.8. Mick proposed that the Committee hold a Poker/James Bond evening. The Committeeagreed to hold this event at some point soon. David will organise the event.
 
 
BAR MANAGER’S BUSINESS
9. Matthew suggested that the Committee should have a bottle of port at the bar put asidefor it. Mick will ask Adrian Clark about whether this would be possible.
SPORTS OFFICER’S BUSINESS
10. In reference to the last Committee meeting (30/10/08 – 9), Lloyd told the rest of theCommittee that he had bought weighing scales for the Fitness Room. The scales cost£7.99. The scales can take the weight of a person of up to 29 stone.11. Lloyd said that he would put up the pool competition ladder in the Bar next week.
SECRETARY’S BUSINESS
12a. Sophia showed the Committee the price list of magazines it had proposed. The Committeeagreed upon which magazines to purchase. Sophia will subscribe to the magazines this week.12b. The Committee agreed that weekly magazines will be signed-out on a 3 hour basis whilstmonthly magazines will be signed-out on a daily basis.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
13a. In reference to the last Committee meeting (30/10/08 – 15b), the Committee decided to buy36 ties at £14.50 each. The Committee decided upon this decision having received quite a bitof interest from Residents wishing to purchase a Connaught tie. Noah, Sophia and Matthewwill decide upon the final tie design together within the next week.13b. Despite each tie costing £14.50 from the wholesaler, it was agreed that the Committee wouldonly charge Residents £10 per tie.
MEETING ADJOURNED AT 8.20 P.M.
 
UPCOMING EVENTS
Sunday Afternoon Tea – Sunday 16
th
November 2008Connaught’s Got Talent – Sunday 16
th
November 2008
NEXT MEETING
Thursday 20
th
November 2008, 7.15p.m. in the Committee Room.
ACTION REQUIREDPRESIDENT
– Noah Rainey2., 13a.,
SECRETARY
– Sophia Borovick12a., 13a.,
TREASURER
– Matthew Maclachlan

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->