Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
12Activity
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
RIEF June

RIEF June

Ratings: (0)|Views: 2,345|Likes:
Published by zerohedge

More info:

Published by: zerohedge on Jul 14, 2009
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less

12/09/2012

pdf

text

original

 
MONTHLY COMMENTARY
Renaissance Institutional
 June 2009 (page 1)
* Since Inception, 8/1/05.
Gross of fees for the month of June 2009.** Charts based on monthly data and are net of fees for a continuing investor. Some series were not populated with investors since inception. The results displayed are,nonetheless, based on actual trading, gross pro
 
ts being adjusted in each case by the applicable fees.‡ 
 
The difference in return of RIEF and the S&P 500 since inception.
RIEF Onshore LLCRIEF Offshore LP
Series ASeries BSeries CSeries DSeries ASeries BSeries CSeries DS&P 500June Return 3.87% 4.01% 3.98%%3.80%3.93%%3.93%0.20%Annualized Return
-2.80%-1.94%-3.45%%-3.52%-2.63%%-4.55%-5.25%Standard Deviation
10.79%10.46%11.25%%10.81%10.50%%11.62%16.89Delta
*
‡ 
2.45% 3.31% 1.80%% 1.73% 2.62% % 0.70% -
Gross Sector Allocation
§
§ Long and short gross sector weightings are for the static portfolioat the close of 6/30/09 using the most current Barra model.
 
Risk/Return Since Inception
**
Renaissance Technologies LLC 800 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022-7604 p: (212) 821-1502 f: (212) 848-1033 e: rief@rentec.com
One-Year Rolling Standard Deviation
**
June results were strong, with the domestic B class returning 4%while the S&P 500 posted
at results. The disproportionate spreadbetween the returns of high and low beta stocks that hurt RIEF in theprevious three months did not continue in June.Research progressed at a gratifying pace in June. Two signalswere approved for trading. One of these was the promising signalmentioned in last month’s letter, which has now been implemented,and the other was a more recent discovery, which is expected to beadded in the coming week.We consistently emphasize that RIEF is not intended to be a trackingvehicle but instead to provide diversi
cation from equity indices.This month’s strong performance provides another example of thisdiversi
cation. The next page provides statistics that offer context for thinking about correlations during the last twelve months.
Gross Long/Short Return Attribution
Long Portfolio Return3.7%Short Portfolio Return0.3%Total RIEF Return4.0%
Monthly Statistics
**
-25% -15% -5% 5% 15% 25% 35% 45% 55%FinancialCommercial ServicesTelecommunicationsTechnologyHealthcareTransportationUtilitiesIndustrialsConsumer ServicesConsumer CyclicalsConsumer NoncyclicalsEnergyBasic Materials
16.1%13.3%15.1%49.3%31.0%6.9%3.3%1.3%4.6%11.9%15.9%2.1%3.3%-13.4%-1.9%-1.1%-6.6%-8.0%-0.6%-5.8%-4.0%-10.6%-0.7%-7.7%-13.6%-0.1%
Annualized Standard DeviationRIEF LLC,Series BS&P 500Russell1000Russell 2000Growth
-10%-9%-8%-7%-6%-5%-4%-3%-2%-1%0%0% 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30%
Russell 2000 Value
   A  n  n  u  a   l   i  z  e   d   R  e   t  u  r  n
0%5%10%15%20%25%30%
   J  u   l -   0   6   D  e  c -   0   6   M  a  y -   0   7   O  c   t -   0   7   M  a  r -   0   8   A  u  g -   0   8   J  a  n -   0   9   J  u  n -   0   9
S&P 500RIEF LLC - Series B
Equities Fund 

Activity (12)

You've already reviewed this. Edit your review.
1 hundred reads
1 thousand reads
majorgen liked this
prashantbisht liked this
bobradley liked this
davidlanders liked this
mmarcewicz liked this
mbarjum liked this

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
scribd
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->