AV-452 Serial Control Specification
7733 Telegraph Road • Montebello, CA 90640 • (323) 726-0303 • http://www.tascamcontractor.comAll features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Contact your local TASCAM representative for the latest information.
Page 2 of 8
Example Command of Mute Channel 1, bypassingmachine address.
- All command strings for the AV-452 begin witha line feed (0Ah).
- The four main data fields (Address,String Type, Parameter and Value) begin with a period(2Eh). This was mainly put in to make the string easier toread when coding. However, you can use the period toparse the string into the four major elements. Since thestrings are always the same length, so you can also usebyte position.
- Since the AV-452 can sit on an RS-485 line withother devices, the AV-452 is "addressable". This addresscorresponds to a rotary dial on the rear panel, underneaththe security panel. If you send an address in thecommand, the AV-452 will only respond if the addressmatches the position of the rotary dial.If there is only one AV-452 on the line, you can use "NA"(50h 4Ch) as an override on the machines. That tells theAV-452 to listen to the command regardless of its address.It should be noted that status replies from the AV-452 willalways include the machine's individual address. So, if youare using bidirectional communication from the AV-452, theprogrammer and installers should agree upon the addressto be used.
- This section indicates whether the string is acommand, status query, or return status string. Alowercase "c" (63h) indicates a command for the AV-452,"q" (71h) indicates a query for the AV-452 to respond to,and "s" (73h) indicates a status return string from the AV-452. In the example string above, the lowercase "c"indicates it is a command.
- This determines which function on the AV-452 is being controlled, queried, or reported. In theexample above, parameter "00" (57h 44h) refers to themute control for mic channel 1. (The complete list of parameter numbers can be found below.)
- This is the desired the status of the parameter (orthe current parameter status in a reply). For statusqueries, this should be set to "00" (30h 30h). In theexample above, "01" (30h 31h) indicates Mute 1 on.
- All command strings for the AV-452 end with acarriage return (0Dh).
P r e a m b l e A d d r e s s S t r i n g T y p e P a r a m e t e r V a l u e
D e l i m i t e r
PARAMETER NUMBER & FUNCTION00010203040506070809101112131415161718AAPAGE #33334, 54, 5--77774, 54, 688884, 588MUTE CH 1MUTE CH 2MUTE CH 3MUTE CH 4DIM A/VSELECT RGB- NO FUNCTION -AMP AAMP BINTERCOMCASCADESELECT AV SOURCESELECT RECORD MONITOR100Hz HPF DIP SWITCHCASCADE MODE DIP SWITCHMONO OUTPUT DIP SWITCHEMG BREAKAUX INPUT TYPEROOM VOLUMEREQUEST ALL STATUSDEFINED VALUES00=OFF, 01=ON00=OFF, 01=ON00=OFF, 01=ON00=OFF, 01=ON00=OFF, 01=ON00=NO RGB, 01=RGB1, 02=RGB2--00=OFF, 01=ON00=OFF, 01=ON00=OFF, 01=ON00=OFF, 01=ON00=CASSETTE, 01=CDRW, 02=DVD, 03=VCR, 04=AUX00=SOURCE, 01=CASSETTE, 02=CDRW(READ ONLY): 00=OFF, 01=ON(READ ONLY): 00=OFF, 01=ON(READ ONLY): 00=OFF, 01=ON(READ ONLY): 00=NORMAL, 01=EMG BREAK(READ ONLY): 00=AUDIO ONLY, 01=AUDIO+VIDEO00=DOWN, 01=UP (rotates dial for 1/2 second)00 (DEFAULT)