Photoshop Chapter 7
Charting your course:
• Introduction to the drawing and painting tools• Play with the Brush, Pencil, Pen and Shape Tool
In This Chapter
• Master pixel painting with the Pencil and Brush tools• Recognize how vectors serve as a temporary mold for more flexible and free-formdrawing and offer cross-compatibility support between pixel-based andvector-bsed programs• Make geometric and free-form shapes using paths, fills, and strokes• Draw a nonrepresentational art piece
Pixel-A Contemporary Art Medium (pg 146)
• Can simulate art styles with the Pencil and Brush tools• Can paint textured grass, scattered leaves and flowers, swirls and patterns by usingbrush librariesUsing The Pencil and Brush Tools-Pencil and Brush tools are found on Toolbar Pencil Tool: create hard-edged freehand lines and color Brush Tool: creates soft strokes of color
pg 148 - The Lesson
This lesson teaches you how to create custom brush and pen toolsMainly to teach how to use these tools
Vectors - A Guest Appearance (pg 153)
- Can work with Vector in Photoshop at a minimal level
Photoshop will let you do Vector but not an advance level, only enough toget by.
a solution for more flexibility so you can move your artwork from one programto another.
- This section will teach you about Paths- Paths are vector lines you draw in Photoshop- You create Paths with the Pen Tool- Paths are used to trace an object
when do you use Paths?
When you want to make a work path around an object