Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more ➡
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Add note
Save to My Library
Sync to mobile
Look up keyword
Like this
12Activity
×
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
telecome

telecome

Ratings: (0)|Views: 976|Likes:
Published by xy12345

More info:

Published by: xy12345 on Sep 08, 2009
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, DOCX, TXT or read online from Scribd
See More
See less

11/13/2010

pdf

text

original

 
Telecom user base touches 429.7 million
India's total telecom subscriber base touched 429.72 million for the quarter ending March taking theteledensity up to 36.98 the Traisaid on Monday. This is against 384.79 million for the quarter ending December 2008, a 11.68%increase.Wirelesssubscribers increased to 391.76 million (346.89 million) while wireline subscribersincreased to 37.96 million (37.90 million).Rural wireline subscribers decreased by 0.93% to 10.58 million (10.68 million) while in contrast, ruralwireless subscribers grew 17.77% to 109.71 million (93.15 million).The number of Public Call Offices (PCOs) also increased by 3.68% to 6.20 million (5.98 million). Inthe GSM segment, the all India blended ARPU per month decreased 6.82% from Rs 220 inDecember 2008 to Rs 205 in March 2009. ARPU for postpaid services declined 2.8% to Rs 543 (Rs559) and 6% for prepaid services to Rs 181 (Rs 192).For CDMA, the all India monthly blended ARPU dropped to Rs 99 (Rs 111). The huge differencebetween postpaid and prepaid ARPU noticed in the last quarter remains valid for the current quarter as well in the CDMA market. Postpaid ARPU was 5 times that of prepaid ARPU, which could beattributed to declining importance of processing fee on recharge coupon/voucher purchased byprepaid subscribers. Internet wireline subscribers grew 5.30% to 13.54 million (12.85 million) whilebroadband subscribers (with a download speed of 256 Kbps or more) grew 12.68% to 6.22 million.
Indian Telecom Services Worth $8.2B in Q1
India's service providers generated 404.4 billion Indian Rupees ($8.24 billion) in revenues during thefirst three months of 2009, an increase of 2.6 percent from a year earlier, according to a new reportfrom theTelecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).India ended March this year with 391.76 million mobile lines and nearly 38 million fixed lines inservice, giving a total of nearly 430 million, and an overall teledensity of almost 37 percent.(SeeIndia Sets Subs Record.)The disparity between urban and rural coverage is clear in a breakdown of the country's teledensitynumbers. In urban areas, the teledensity stood at 88.66 percent at the end of March, while the ruralteledensity stood at 14.8 percent, perhaps explaining why some startup operators that have yet tolaunch their services are focusing on rural areas. (See Batelco Ups Stake in India's S Tel .) Of the country's mobile users, 297.3 million (75.9 percent) were using GSM services, while 94.5million (24.1 percent) were on CDMA networks. The majority of the total mobile subscriber base --282 million (72 percent) -- were in urban areas, while the remaining 109.7 million (28 percent) werein rural areas.

Activity (12)

You've already reviewed this. Edit your review.
1 hundred reads
ShrutiBarua1989 liked this
Abhishca liked this
aslam30903184 liked this
yogesh_thegame liked this
mdamianova liked this
AsTral_PearL liked this
divyang.garg2409 liked this

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->