job should be written in the job description arranged in chronological order with proper classification as primary, secondary and other duties. Time taken in performing the joband sub-jobs should also, be mentioned.
5. Degree of supervision:
The degree of supervision, required on each job should bementioned in job description, while unskilled job require close supervision skilled or supervisory or managerial jobs require less supervision or no supervision.
6. Required machines, tools and materials:
The machines, tools, equipment andmaterials required in the performance of each job should also be included in jobdescription to indicate the nature and complexity of the job and help devising the training programmes.
7. Description of relation to other jobs:
Description of relation
to other jobsintensifies the vertical relationship of promotion and horizontal relationship of work-flowand procedures.
8. Description of working conditions:
The description of working conditions, the job hazards and physical surroundings within the working area will be helpful in jobevaluation.
9. Description of amendments:
Job description should be elastic enough as toincorporate all necessary amendments from time to time to make it up-to-date.
10. Mention of policies:
The policies for the job-holder should be mentioned in the job description.
Uses of Job Description
1. Preliminary drafts can be used as a basis for productive group discussion, particularly if the process starts at the executive level.2. It aids in the development of jobs specifications, which are useful in planningrecruitment, in training and in hiring people with required skills.3. It can be used to orient new employees toward basic responsibilities and duties.4. It is a basic document used in developing performance standards.5. It can be used for job evaluation, a wage and salary administration technique.6. It enables the manager to frame suitable questions to be asked during an interview.It is particularly helpful when the application from is used as a tool for eliminating theunfit personnel.