Plant antibiotics production through
- Antibiotics are substances produced by
certain microorganisms that suppress the
growth of other microorganisms and
eventually destroy them.
- PREPARATION OF PLANT TISSUE CULTURE
- Measure approximately 90% of the required
volume of the deionized-distilled water in a
flask/container of double the size of the required
- Add the dehydrated medium into the water and
stir to dissolve the medium completely. Gentle
heating of the solution may be required to bring
powder into solution
- Add desired heat stable supplements to
the medium solution.
- Add additional deionized-distilled water
to the medium solution to obtain the final
- Set the desired pH with NaOH or HCl.
- Dispense the medium into culture
- Sterilize the medium by autoclaving at 15
psi (121°C) for appropriate time period.
Higher temperature may result in poor
•Add heat labile supplements after
Examples of some antibiotics
- 4-Bromo-antibiotic A23187
- Alamethicin system
Antibiotic, Amphotericin B
- Antibiotic, Ampicillin