Situation: Intrapartal Nursing Care
1. In the delivery room, Mrs. Oro Is 10 cm. Dilated- and the head is fast emerging. Her attendingphysician has not yet arrived. The initial action the nurse must take after the head emerges is:a.
Support the head while the rest of the body is spontaneously delivered.
b. Push down on the fundus to help expel the infant.c. Call the doctor STATd. Deliver the shoulder by turning the presenting part to internal rotation.
2. As labor progresses satisfactorily, it would be appropriate to administer pain medication withcervical dilatation of:
a. 4 cm. b. 3 cm.c. 5 cm.
3. Mrs. Oro is kept informed of the, progress of her delivery, the nurse anticipates the placenta tobe delivered within what period of time following delivery
a. 10-15 minutes b.
c. 15-20 minutesd. 1-3 minutes
4. Several minutes after the delivery, the placenta is still intact. The nurse will do which of theseactions?
a. Push gently, but firmly on the fundus b. Call the nursing supervisor for help
Allow the infant to suck on the breast
b. Initiate separation by gently pulling on the cord.
5. The placenta has been delivered and the nurse now adds the medication ordered to the i.V.solution which is:
a. Methergin b.
c. Penicellind. Atropine
6. The nurse is giving health education to Felicity about discomfort of pregnancy. Which of thefollowing conditions is brought about by increased absorption of phosphorus?
a. Back pain