Key FeaturesBusiness Benefits
Reduced site rework
• Higher quality design. The ability to perform multiple design checksacross the entire design eliminates errors, and enables 'right-first-time' engineering.• Accurate materials information eliminates over-ordering and delayson site due to a lack of required materials or information.
More effective use of globally dispersed design teams
• PDMS, combined with AVEVA Global, allows geographically separatedesign teams to work together as though they were in a singleoffice. The environment delivers high performance for the designer,centralised administration, control, and protection fromcommunication limitations or failures.• Effective use can be made of design capability, wherever it exists.Project teams can be quickly assembled and mobilised.
Higher design efficiency
• Powerful design applications for each discipline, built upon a highlyvisual and interactive 3D environment, with a Microsoft Office-styleuser interface, means that designers can become productive veryquickly.• High levels of automation, intelligent behaviour and rule-basedfeatures deliver increased productivity across all disciplines.• The ability to share component information and to reuse designdata between projects reduces man-hours and schedule time.
• 3D multi-discipline working environment improves communicationbetween teams and facilitates 'right-first-time' design.• Clash checking, integrity checking and rule-based checking toolsensure higher quality designs and less rework.• Database-driven drawing production achieves consistency betweendrawings, reports and design data.
Clear identification of the cost of changes
• Automatic change highlighting options, both in the designdatabase and on drawings, make it easier to identify andcommunicate change, and to identify the party responsible for anygiven change.• Ability to compare and highlight changes between specific dates,revisions and milestones.
Reduced schedule times
• Reduced site work, concurrent multi-location engineering, higherdesign efficiency and higher quality all combine to reduce scheduletime.• Greater ability to react quickly to major project changes, includingthe capability to change the project structure during project execution and to dynamically add in new locations or removeexisting ones, all protect the project schedule.
• PDMS provides a fully interactive, easy-to-use 3D environment forevery designer on the project, supported by a Microsoft Office-styleuser interface based on .NET technology and the latest in 3D graphical interaction tools.• As the designers work with their specialist functions, they havevisibility of the entire design at all times. To create their part of thedesign they place instances of parametric components from acatalogue (under the control of engineering specifications) and, indoing so, they construct a highly intelligent PDMS database.• Clash checking and configurable integrity checking rules identifyerrors and inconsistencies across the design.• Conventional issue, revision, and change control processes can all beapplied without introducing a large overhead or delays in projectswhich can have many hundred users.• State-of-the-art 3D editing features with graphical handles andnumeric feedback make design and modification quick and easy.
Design and Modification is quick and easy – even for the novice user