BOARD OF ALDERS REGULAR MEETING February 18, 2014
Take Attendance. Divine Guidance. Approval of the Journals of the 1-7-2014, 1-23-2014 and 2-3-2014 meetings .
Litigation Settlement Committee. Two Members. Two Year Term. (not of same party, from the Finance Committee)
1) From the Tax Collector, Order de Tax Refunds (February 18, 2014).
2) From Alder Brackeen submitting a resolution of the New Haven Board of Alders urging the administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency and the President of the United States to move swiftly to fully employ and enforce the Clean Air Act to do our part to reduce carbon in our atmosphere to no more than 350 Parts per million. 3) From Alder Berrios Bones submitting an order calling for a public hearing and a workshop to discuss the projected dramatic growth in the senior citizen population and implications for city policy and planning. 4) From the Mayor submitting the reappoint of Dean Esserman as Chief of Police. 5) From the Mayor submitting an ordinance amendment to chapter 11 Emergency Management, Section 11-9, changing the membership of the Emergency Management Advisory Council. 6) From the Purchasing Director submitting order of the New Haven Board of Alders authorizing the request of the purchasing agent, on behalf of the Engineering Department for an emergency procurement in the amount of $22,000 for emergency repair to the main generator at the New Haven Police Department Headquarters at One Union Avenue. 7) From the Cornell Scott Hill Health Center submitting a letter in support of the revival of the Q House and proposing a primary care site as part of the new building.
8) From Yolanda Peterson submitting a request seeking assistance with motor vehicle tax accounts 368220, 368221, 432553, and 587019. 9) From Lorraine Anne Engstrom submitting an order abating (deferring collection of) real property taxes due on her residence known as 546 Russell Street, for grand lists of 2011 and 2012.
10) From Larry Antrell submitting a proposal to regarding youth, bicycles, and sidewalk traffic requiring permits for sidewalk bicycle use and instituting fines for lack thereof.
11) Aldermanic Affairs. Favorable. 1