Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
IMAX - (EYEMAX - Maximum View for Eye). the Opening

IMAX - (EYEMAX - Maximum View for Eye). the Opening

Ratings: (0)|Views: 813|Likes:
Published by sai689

More info:

Published by: sai689 on Oct 13, 2009
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOCX, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





IMAX - (EYEMAX - Maximum view for eye).
The opening of the IMAX Theater in Hyderabad marks a new epoch in the evolution of Indian cinema.Having revolutionized the movie viewing experience world wide, this technology is all set to make aparadigm shift in the Indian Cinema as well. The fact that our capital city has the first IMAX Theater in theentire South India ipso facto makes this event more significant to us. Prasad's IMAX theater that wasflagged off to the Hyderabad public on 25th of July has the following distinctions
South India's First IMAX theater 
India's 3rd IMAX theater 
World's largest 3-D IMAX screenThis Prasad's IMAX multiplex is located on the banks of Hussain Sagar lake at the heart of Hyderabad.This IMAX multiplex is a part of Buddha Purnima project area, which is an initiative of AP Tourismdepartment. With this, Prasad joins the big league of 225 IMAX theaters that are spread across 30countries.
What is IMAX technology?
IMAX Company, head quartered in New York and Toronto, is one of the most reputed entertainmentcompanies in the world that has produced several entertaining movies like T-REX, Island of Sharks etc.The word IMAX is derived from maximum image. People who got a chance to watch a movie in the IMAXequivocally opine that it is the largest and most exciting film format in the world. IMAX 15/70 image screenis ten times larger than the conventional 35 mm film format and three times larger than the conventional70 mm film format. Needless to say that it "is the ultimate experience in film exhibiting technology and filmviewing".
IMAX specifications at Prasad's
The Prasad's IMAX theater features world's most powerful projector that beams on 29 meters wide and21.93 meters high screen. It also has a six channel sound system that puts across 12,000 watts of digitalsurround sound. There are 44 custom designed speakers equipped at strategic places in the theater togive the complete digital experience. This IMAX screen has 15-perforation and 70 mm format instead of usual 5-perforation and 70mm format. The 'rolling loop' technique ensures the smooth run of the movie onthe screen.
A 61.5 crores project
Prasad's IMAX multiplex is spread across an area of 2,35,000 sq ft. The project cost is about 61.5 crores.The promoters Prasad group have chipped in 26 crores while IDBI, Andhra Bank and Punjab NationalBank are funding this project to the tune of 30 crores through term loans. IDBI is also participating in theequity with Rs. 5 crores of funds.
First Multiplex in Hyderabad
This Prasad's entertainment center also sports five 70 mm screens along with the IMAX screen. Out of these five screens, four are being used for public exhibition and one screen is reserved for private shows.Along with the screen, the Prasad's also has foot courts and shopping malls that are spread over threefloors of approximately 70,000 sq feet. The entire multiplex is centrally air-conditioned one.
Theater capacity
Screen TypeNo. of seats
photo Gallery (Photos by Narasaiah)
(short for 
Image MAXimum
) is amotion picture film formatand projection standard created byCanada'sIMAX Corporation. The traditional version of IMAX has the capacity to record and display images of far greater size andresolutionthan conventional film systems. Astandard IMAX screen is 22 metres (72 ft) wide and 16.1 metres (53 ft) high, but can vary.The world's largest cinema screen and IMAX screen is in theLGIMAX theatre inDarling  Harbour , Sydney. It is 29.42m (approximately 8 stories) high by 35.73m wide — covering an area of more than 1,015 square metres.
IMAX is the most widely used system for large-format, special-venue film presentations. As of April 2009, there are 320 IMAX theatres in 42 countries, with about half of these located in theUnited States. About 60% of IMAX venues are commercial theatres with the other 40% beinglocated in educational venues.Variations of the traditional IMAX format include
(using a tilted dome screen)which is sometimes called
IMAX Digital

Activity (7)

You've already reviewed this. Edit your review.
1 hundred reads
1 thousand reads
eval bento liked this
sumdkb1 liked this
sravya sri liked this
ahmed_1012 liked this

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->