The Middle Ages
- Normans never left England again
- William the Conqueror declared the throne as rightly his
2. Normans spoke French but William did not care to change the Anglo-Saxon
language so English developed as a result of the mixing of French and the Anglo-
- based on hierarchy
1. God was supreme overlord
2. King was a vassel of God and had \u201cdivine right\u201d
3. King appointed barons and barons appointed vassels
4. Knights and serfs were at the bottom
- No political rights
- Father/husband\u2019s social standing determined the respect she commanded
- Peasant women \u2013 childbearing, housework, and fieldwork
- Certain loyalties, rules of warfare, and adoring a particular lady
9. Courtly love \u2013 flirting but no touching \u2013 gift giving and talking
10. The Crusades \u2013 European Christians vs Muslims, with Jerusalem and the Holy
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?