WeeklyWorship.org - Discipling Nations - Rev. Scott Zior
To Him Who Overcomes!
We ALL have to face Many Obstacles to Overcome.Jesus, our greatest example, overcame sin, self, satan and suffering :He overcame Sin
- The Three Temptations in the Desert covering the Three Catagories of Sin:The Lustof the Flesh (turn these stones into bread), The Lust of the Eyes (all these kingdoms will be yours), andThe Pride of Life (throw yourself down, the angels will catch you, you are so important).* 1 John 2.16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
He overcame Self
- Gethsemene - Lord take this cup from me, yet not my wil but yours be done
He overcame Satan
- surely you will not die...get thee behind me Satan
He overcame Suffering -
He embraced the cross and died of a broken heart.It was not the nails thatheld him there but His great love for you and me!And now He has the
Keys of Hell and Death.
right hand of theFather
.But even now he is
for us that
we too may overcome!
We must be like him.That's why he gave us the Word and the Holy Spirit, to live an overcoming life.
We must also overcome:Sin
* Rm 6.6-7,11 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be doneaway with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been freed fromsin...In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
* Phil 2.3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better thanyourselves.
* James 4.7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
*1 Peter 4.13But rejoice that you participate in the
s of Christ, so that you may be overjoyedwhen his glory is revealed.NINE REWARDS
If you Overcome, you will receive Rewards
* Rev 2.7To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradiseof God.Right to eat from the
Tree of Life