1. Osteoporosis is a disorder of?
Decreased bone mass
b. Decreased estrogen levelc. Autoimmune disorderd. All of the above
2. Postmenopausal women are more prone to suffer from osteoporosisdue to?
a. Decreased progesterone levelb. Increased Progesterone levelc.
Decreased oestrogen level
d. Increased oestrogen level
3. Which amongst them is not a risk factor for osteoporosis?
a. Post menopausal womenb.
c. Smokingd. Asian females
4. Intervention to prevent osteoporosis in women should start at whichage?
a. Below 10 yearsb.
c. 35-45 yearsd. above 45 years
5. Estrogen replacement therapy is contraindicated for use in which typeof women?
a. Women who are prone to osteoporosisb.
Women who have high risk of developing breast cancer
c. Women who are prone to heart diseased. Women who have high cholesterol levels
6. Which tool is known as 'Gold Standard' for diagnosing osteoporosis?
a. Biochemical markers of boneb. X-rayc. Ultra sound of heeld.
Dual energy x-ray absorptiometry
7. What is the average calcium intake recommended for post menopausalwomen unable to take estrogen replacement therapy?
a. 400 mg/dayb. 200 mg/dayc.
d. None of the above
8. Alendronate can be used on which type of osteoporosis?