Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Save to My Library
Look up keyword
Like this
3Activity
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Families in Cowansville, Quebec

Families in Cowansville, Quebec

Ratings: (0)|Views: 853 |Likes:
Published by Nancy

More info:

Published by: Nancy on Nov 05, 2009
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOC, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less

11/04/2009

pdf

text

original

 
Here is a Summary about some of the people who resided at some of the pictures of houses in Cowansville, Quebec. Some were farmers, teachers, jeweler, printers, doctors, their wives and children who made up this finecommunity of Cowansville, once know as Sweetsburg, Freeport, and Nelsonville.Mr. Frank E. Draper who lived in 117 rue John owned and operated a jewelry store on Main St. In his ad in the newspaper “The Observer” for  Nov 1907, he sold watches, lock bracelets, silver thimbles, Dalton China andJapanes China, Toys, Books, and Diamond rings. The family of AlfredDeschamps also lived in the same house in 1919.Augustus Winchester lived in 717 rue Principale. It is one of the oldesthouses in Cowansville built by him. It is the site of a scene in a movie call“Human Chain” starring Anthony Hopkins filmed in 2002-2003.Janine Mignolet, a well known TV actress lived in 490 rue Riviere in 1959.In 1974, she also lived in 434 rang Plouffe. She starred in these tv series,“Symphorien (1968), “Cré Basile” (1965) “Petit monde du pére Gédéon,Le”, “Famille Plouffe, La” (1953) and a few others. Ms. Mignolet was bornin 1929 and died in 1944.Mr. William F. Scott lived in 1037-1039 rue Principale in 1892. He was aveterinarian. Lafayette Jones lived there in 1902. He was a harness maker,then a bailiff, a merchant and a farmer. In 1901, he was a jailer and his wifeMrs. Jones was the hospital matron of the jail in Sweetsburg, or what is nowknown as Cowansville.Mr. William H. Jones and his wife Amelia Jane Booth and family lived in508 rue Riviere which was once known as the Ruiter farm. Mr Jones bought the house from his father John Jones Sr. in 1884 and remained thereuntil their death. They had several children, Guila Wm., Howard, Mabel,and Carl. Mrs. Jones died in 1908 and the eldest Guila carried on with thework in the home. Mr. Jones died in 1934. Miss Guila Jones has always been active in the social life of the vicinity and in church groups as well.William Edward Booth and his wife Mary Ellen Jones raised their family inthe house at 737 North St. He was born in Montreal on Jan 1853 to WilliamBooth and Eliza Booth (daughter of Thomas Booth and Catherine Taylor of Shefford.) The Booth and Taylors are longtime pioneer families in

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->