Gov. Corbett, Tom Wolf Share Stage For First Time
Marcellus Industry Coalition Poll Shows 55% In PA Support Adding Severance Tax, But
A new poll released Tuesday by the Marcellus Shale Coalition found 55 percent of those following the
debate about a new severance tax would favor its adoption and 34 percent would oppose. If, however, the new tax would result in the loss of jobs, 58 percent opposed a new severance tax and 33 percent favor. In other results, 57 percent oppose a severance tax to pay for public employee pensions and 61 percent said they would pick encouraging the growth of the natural gas industry over new and higher taxes to fund the state budget. 64 percent of voters said they were more likely to vote for a political candidate who encourages the growth of the natural gas industry. A copy of the poll is available online.
Polls Show PA Not Solidly Behind Drilling Tax Column: Gas Industry Poll Shows, If You Ask The Right Question Budget Talks Heating Up Severance Tax Debate
Report: Gas Drillers Can Afford A Severance Tax Report: Loopholes, Tax Incentives Lets Drillers Pay Less In Taxes
Severance Tax?, Maybe Top House Republican Says Rendell Urges Severance Tax To Pay For Early Education Chester, Montgomery Counties Receive Impact Fees Drilling Impact Fee Dollars On The Rise DEP Increases Gas Well Permit Fees Op-Ed: Lawmakers Need A Drilling Impact Fee With Real Impact Op-Ed: Stop Leasing State Land For Gas Drilling Letter: Vitali’s Criticism Of State Forest Leasing Off-Base Corbett Hints He’ll Hold Up Budget Over Pensions
Scarnati Says Budget Deadline Is Dog Years Away
Report: Natural Gas Production Booms, Drillers’ Tax Payments Drop
The PA Budget and Policy Center Monday released a new report which found the Corporate Net
Income tax payments of Marcellus Shale drilling companies peaked in 2011 and now have an effective tax rate of less than 1.9 percent paying just $10.3 million in 2013. Individuals pay a 3.07 percent income tax rate. The report also found oil and gas producers paid just 9 percent of Corporate Income taxes collected while drilling support companies-- pipeline, distribution and other related industries-- paid the other 91 percent. The report noted drilling companies did pay $223 million in drilling impact fees in 2013. At the same time, natural gas production increased from 65 billion cubic feet in 2009 to 3.1 trillion cubic feet in 2013. The report is available online.