6/15/2014Space Enterprise Symposium Agendahttp://archive.spacefrontier.org/Events/SES1999/agenda.html3/4
- President, SpaceDev, Inc.SpaceDev recently announced the first commercial customer for its privately financed NearEarth Asteroid Prospector mission. SpaceDev also offers low-cost Mars and lunar missionsusing a standard spacecraft bus.
Dr. Alan Binder
- Director, Lunar Research Institute; President, Lunar Exploration, Inc.Through the Lunar Research Institute, Dr. Binder developed and ran the highly successfulLunar Prospector mission, which confirmed the existance of ice at the north and south polesof the Moon. Dr. Binder plans to develop follow-on missions through LRI and LunarExploration, Inc.
- President, LunaCorpLunaCorp is developing an unmanned lunar rover mission, Lunar Icebreaker, to explore forice at the lunar pole. LunaCorp is working closely with Dr. Alan Binder and Dr. RedWhittaker.
Dr. Red Whittaker
- Director, Field Robotics Laboratory, The Robotics Institute,Cargenie Mellon UniversityThe Field Robotics Laboratory is developing mobile robots for commercial spaceexploration. Current projects include LunaCorp's Lunar Icebreaker and Solar Blade, aminiature vehicle that will be the first spacecraft to propel itself without engines, using thepressure of the Sun¹s light on a solar sail.
- President, Applied Space ResourcesASR is developing a robotic sample return mission, Lunar Retriever. Using technologysimilar to Russian landers of the 1960's, Lunar Retriever will collect rocks and soil samplesfor sale to scientific and educational institutions, NASA, and private collectors.
Dr. Robert Hoyt
- President, Tethers Unlimited, Inc., Deorbit CorporationTethers Unlimited is a Washington-based company developing an orbital tether withapplications for commercial satellites, space stations, and other applications. Deorbit Corp.is a wholly owned subsidiary developing a commercial tether for deorbiting outdatedsatellites.
3:20 pm- 4:30pmFinance, Policy, and Markets for New Space Ventures
Sponsored by Constellation Services International
- Vice President of Strategy, Bay EnterprisesShubber Ali is a space industry consultant who managed the Space Practice at KPMG PeatMarwick. He has experience in developing business planning and market strategy forspaceports, launch vehicles, and satellite communications.
Dr. Earl Renaud
- Chief Operating Officer, TGV RocketsTGV Rockets is developing a piloted reusable sounding rocket for microgravity, high-altitude research, and other scientific applications.
- President, Constellation Services InternationalConstellation Services will provide satellite retrieval and repair services, using existingtechnologies, at a fraction of the cost of satellite replacement.