Constitutional Amendment 7 Proposed Project List
Missouri Department of Transportation
Total CY 2015-2024 Projected Funding
Projected New Revenue Total$5,390 Department of Revenue Collection Costs($50)
Subtotal – Amount Available for Distribution
$5,340 Portion Distributed to Cities (5%)
(270)Portion Distributed to Counties (5%)
(270)Total New Revenue Available to MoDOT (90%)$4,800 MoDOT has worked with regional planning partners and stakeholders across the state to choose the highest priority projects for the $4.8 billion of available revenue. The following list details the proposed projects that would be funded by the $4.8 billion if Amendment 7 is approved by voters. As projects were prioritized and chosen, it was not known in what specific year the project would be delivered. That determination will be based on when new revenue is available and project readiness, which includes environmental evaluations, design, right of way acquisition and utility relocations.
To account for inflation, project cost estimates were determined in today’s dollars and inflated
three percent each year for five years, which is the midpoint of the 10-year sales tax. Some projects are partially funded, or represent a fixed funding contribution, from Amendment 7 revenue and are contingent upon funding commitments from other entities to complete the improvement. This has been noted in the project descriptions. A 0.75% statewide sales tax is estimated to generate an additional $5.39 billion of revenue over ten years for transportation improvements. As proposed in Constitutional Amendment 7, 10 percent of the funds would be distributed to cities and counties on a 50/50 basis. The remaining 90 percent of funds will be available for any transportation project, program or facility in the state.
Based on fiscal year 2013 revenue with no growth
Limited to actual costs incurred but shall not exceed one percent of the total amount of the tax collected. Any unspent amount will be distributed to cities (5%), counties (5%) and MoDOT (90%).
Allocation to each city based on population
Allocation to each county based on county road mileage and assessed rural land valuation
Page 1 of 22