Make me to know your ways, O
– The author shifts subjectsand asks for instruction.
teach me your paths
– The author asks the L
to take him over and overagain down the way of life so that he knows how to traverse it like the back of his hand.Psalm 25:5
Lead me in your truth
– The illustration of walking in the way of theL
also includes learning the truth.
for you are the God of my salvation
– It is the L
who redeems the authorand gives him healing.
for you I wait all day long
– It is better to do nothing than to do somethingwithout the L
Be mindful of your mercy, O
, and of your steadfast love
– Donot forget your promises L
Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions
– On theother hand, the author asks the L
to erase what was done because of ignorance or deliberate disobedience.Psalm25:8
good because the L
gives life to all.Psalm 25:9
He leads the humble in what is right
– Those who are willing to listento the L
are blessed by His instruction.Psalm 25:10
All the paths of the
are steadfast love and faithfulness
–Everyplace the L
leads is good.
1 Thessalonians 3:9-13
The author of the letter describes sending Timothy to the church in Thessalonica.He asks about their faith and is pleasantly surprised about their trust and charity.What follows next is a set of instructions that the author believes will occur.1 Thessalonians 3:9
How can we thank God enough for you in return
– The work of the church along with its faith in the Lord are the two primary reasonsthat the author praises the church in Thessalonica.2