Group project presentation: Constitutional Monarchy
\ue000Brief introduction of today\u2019s presentation. PPT 1
\ue000Give the definition of Constitutional Monarchy. PPT2
1. What it was given in our textbook----- The head of state is a monarch with limited powers.
2. Further explanation: A system in which the powers of a monarch are defined and limited by law.
3. Detail one: A monarchy in which the powers of the ruler are restricted to those granted under the
constitution and laws of the nation.
\ue000The historical background of the establishment of Constitutional Monarchy PPT3
The first period shows that parliament controlled the taxes, but later to the second period 1625-1642,
Charles I dismissed the parliament. While after the Civil War, Charles I got the punishment. James
II's back didn't do any good to parliament, he then fled, William & Mary back with good ways to the
parliament. This part just laid the peaceful foundation for the development of CM
\ue000The establishment of Constitutional Monarchy PPT4
1. The Glorious revolution 1688 & English Bill of Rights
The Glorious revolution happened in 1688 laid the foundation of the Constitutional Monarchy, the
act they put forward gradually became the Bill of Rights.
2. Bill of Rights ended the Feudal Absolutism in UK and established the Constitutional Monarchy, it
also made Britain carried out the political democratisation, from which the capitalism benefit a lot.
\ue000Figure out the positive and negative aspects of the Constitutional Monarchy.