* Mahalakshmi - the Goddess of wealth and money
* Mahasaraswati - the Goddess of Wisdom
* Mahakali - Kuber the treasurer of the Gods
Methods to perform Lakshmi Puja
* As it is believed that Goddess Lakshmi likes cleanliness, on the day of Lakshmi Puja in the house, extreme hygiene of the house is advised (It isbelieved that Goddess Lakshmi will visit the cleanest house first).
* Lamps are lit in the evening to welcome the Goddess (this isbecause of the reason that lights on the path will show Her path).
* Lord Ganesh is worshiped at the beginning of every auspiciousof Hindu festivals and Lakshmi puja also starts with Ganapathi puja.
* Place a handful of grains in the centre of the puja place (araised Dias - such as a table), on this, place a kalash, lotta (pitcher).Fill three-fourth of the kalash with water and place a betel nut, aflower, a coin, and some rice grains in it. Arrange five kinds of leavesor mango leaves in the kalash .
* Place a small dish on the kalash and fill it with rice grains. Drawa lotus with turmeric powder (haldi) over the rice grains and place theidol of goddess Lakshmi over it, along with coins.
* In front of the kalash, on the right (South-West direction), placethe idol of Ganesha. Also place pens, books related to your businessor occupation on the platform.
* Light a deepak (lamp) and the Agarbatti (incense sticks) beginthe puja by offering haldi, kumkum, and flowers to the platform onwhich the kalash is placed. Spray this water on all puja utensils topurify them. Make a Panchamitra with the ingredients of milk, curd,ghee(clarified butter), sugar & Honey.
* Start with Ganesh Pujan (Ganeshji are a must for Diwali pujan.Ganeshji should be worshipped in all pujas before any other god or goddess. He is the Lord of Wisdom and the remover of obstacles.) byreciting Ganesh Mantras and Ganesh aarti. Offer a garland to thegod. Offer flowers and make an offering of sweets, coconut and fruits.Now invoke goddess Laxmi by reciting the Laxmi mantras.Then offer the flowers to the idol.
* Place the idol of Lakshmi in a plate and bathe it with water,panchamrit and then with water containing some gold ornament or a