SPECIALLY TAILORED IN-HOUSE TRAINING is now available!
Introduction to Purchasing Fraud
• What is Procurement fraud? • Internal Controls limitation• The Role of Internal Auditor, Risk Management and Compliance in addressing Procurement Fraud
Understanding and Shaping Your Environment
• Understanding your policies, codes and practices• The Trinity of Controls• The Paradigm Shift • The need for Fraud Risk Management
Anatomy of a Kickback Case
• Collusion between employees and third parties
represents a growing number of all corporate frauds.
The Fraud Compass :
• In what order would you perform the suggested investigative tasks? • What would each of you recommend to be doneto investigate the rumours of the COO receiving kickbacks from vendors?
Recap Morning SessionAnatomy of a Kickback Case - Contd….
• Where do I find the help in investigating Procurement Fraud? • What can be done to put more puzzle pieces onthe board? • What are the appropriate financial records toexamine?
Creative Accounting and Purchasing Fraud
• The Systemic Approach to fraud detection• Purchasing fraud exposures• Symptoms and “red flags” of purchasing fraud
General Discussion & Question Session
2 Tea Breaks and 1 Lunch Breakwill be provided for both days
Interestedin other courses?Download ourEVENT CALENDER at www.icfe-cg.com
Recap on Day 1Corruption and Cultural Considerations
• Gifts and entertainment practices• Understanding the global environment • Pressures toward transparency • Special situations in select industries• Blanket purchases
Suggestions for assessing and improving yourenvironment
• Ethics and Integrity • Can ethics be taught ? • Ethical Decision Making Model • The Triangle of Temptations
A Classroom participative Case StudyRecap Morning SessionInvestigating - Responding to SuspectedWrongdoing
• Introduction to Investigations• What a complete investigation should include• Proving wrongdoing in purchasing • An investigative checklist
Contracting & the Prevention of Purchasing Fraud
• Contracting tasks and controls• Some 'Red Flags" on Procurement Fraud • Working with management to deter purchasing fraud • Suggestions for the future
A Discussion on Procurement Fraud CasesCase Studies, Q & A Session
• Benefit from discussion and “real life” case studies.• Gain insights from leading fraud investigators with many years of
• Stay current with new and exciting developments in the fraud detection and
prevention techniques shared
• Increase your effectiveness within all aspects of dealing with procurement fraud in your Organization• Leverage on networking, sharing of views and ideas.• Learn how other organizations are dealing with problems of financial fraud.
Suspect a fraud?Consult aCertified Fraud Examinerat (65) 6222 9860 or email@example.com