Avondale Avondale Avondale Avondale- -- -Waterview Waterview Waterview Waterview Historical Society Incorporated Historical Society Incorporated Historical Society Incorporated Historical Society Incorporated
No. 13September – October 2004
Next Meeting of the Society:2.30 pm, 2 October 2004Lions Hall, cnr Blockhouse Bay andGreat North Roads,Avondale
Score Range: Category
The degree of protection afforded is adjusted to takeaccount of the relative heritage value of the place orfeature concerned. To determine whether a building,object, property or place is worthy of protection inthe Plan, any proposed heritage item is assessed andevaluated against the following factors:
- Notable, rare, unique, or an early exam-ple of a particular architectural style, type, orconvention.
- Notable, rare, unique, or an earlyexample of a particular material or method of construction.
- Comparatively old in the context of theAuckland region.
- Designed or built by an architect orbuilder who has made a significant contributionto the community, region, or nation.
- A particularly attractive or uniquebuilding because of the excellence, artistic merit,or uniqueness of its design, composition, crafts-manship, or detail.
- Interior arrangement, finish crafts-manship, and/or detail, are particularly attractiveor unique.