Followers of Christ traditionally read the prophecies found here as speaking of Jesus. These are words of comfort. They are times when the way of the worldis dramatically changed. A new father is coming and unlike what is required byRoman Law (Table IV) that all the deformed children must die this one saves eventhe malformed. Rather than throwing the people to the four corners of the earth,this one brings the people all together. Instead of hunger there will be plenty.Jeremiah 31:7
Sing aloud with gladness for Jacob
– A new day is coming that isso surprising that it can only be expressed in song.
, your people
– Call to the L
. Remind Him what He does.Jeremiah 31:8
gather them from the farthest parts of the earth
– the L
willgo over the entire world to ﬁnd His people.
among them the blind and the lame
– Unlike the other powers that rule theworld that only see the deformed as a liability, this L
saves what othersbelieve are worthless.
those with child and those in labour
– The woman and child, traditionallyon the bottom of society’s latter, will be redeemed by the L
they shall return here
– The people will come home.Jeremiah 31:9
With weeping they shall come
– These are not tears of fear but joy.
I will let them walk by brooks of water
– This is not a death march. TheL
will provide for everyone.
I have become a father to Israel
– This one adopts all of Israel withoutquestion, covering their debts.Jeremiah 31:10
Hear the word of the
, O nations
– This message is for therest of the word.
He who scattered Israel will gather him
– See that the one who put Israelinto captivity will bring Israel home again.Jeremiah 31:11
has ransomed Jacob
– Even the trickster, the onewho wrestled with God will will saved.1