Actual Photo of Engine
1. Cut a small disk out of the 1/4"PVC sheet/piece to the exact insidediameter of the "nozzle" on the PVCmale reducer coupling (should be3/4").
2. Using the purple primer and PVCcement, cement the disk into theinside of the nozzle right where thereduced part meets the main part of the coupler. (Labeled PVC HoldingInsert in the drawing the left). Allowto dry.
3. Mix Durham's Rock hard Water Putty with water until it is theconsistency of loose mayonnaise.Pour enough in the wide end of themale reducer coupling to fill if abouthalf of the way from the cementedPVC insert to the wide end of thecoupling (see drawing). Allow this todry for a minimum of 48 hours.
4. Drill a 9/32" (.713cm) holethrough the PVC holding insert, andall the way through the water putty.This is the throat of the engine.
5. Cut a piece approximately 5" longfrom your 1" PVC pipe. The exactlength isn't important, as you willtrim it to exact size later.
6. Measure out 78g of KNO3 and42g of Sugar (65% :35% FYI). TheKNO3 you bought is probably notfine enough for these purposes. Thisis what the coffee grinder is for. Putthe KNO3 in the old coffee grinder and rind it down as finel as